✨chapter 30~ mason's star✨

*Dylan's Pov*

"YOU BIG LITTLE PEICE OF-" said Draven as a baby pig was chasing him around. "IF YOU DON'T FREAKING LET GO OF MY PANTS I AM GOING TO RIP YOUR LITTLE-"

What a good little piggy. I wanted to give him a high five.
But his legs were muddy.
Merida laughed as the pig continued to chase Draven around the river.

"YEAH LAUGH, LAUGH WHILE I AM SUFFERING WITH THIS PEICE OF-" started Draven snapping at Merida.
Merida was crying of laughter.
Ahhhhh I love this.

"I'm going to name this cute little pig, I'm starting to actually like him!" Said Ravi clapping.

"Why don't we name him Ravi? His role model is going to be really proud, don't you think?!" Said Draven shouting from far away.

"I—LOOK AT THAT CUTE DONKEY! THE NAME DRAVEN IS WRITTEN RIGHT ON THE BACK OF HIS LEGS!" Barked Ravi back.

Gavin laughed, I missed his laugh. He haven't laughed from a long time.

Even before mason......died.

Then, I saw Gavin's smile fade away. Like it was never going to come back. Like he did a mistake laughing from the beginning.

"Gavin? Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm ok, why?" He answered.

"I don't know...."

Then we all fell silent. Its like our minds shared the same thoughts, the same memories, the same flashbacks.

I let go of a heavy sigh. No one wanted it to be this way.
No one.

"If only mason was here......" said Tyler as a tear fell from his eye. "I missed him....he's not coming back, is he?"

I went and gave Tyler a short hug "I promise you he's happy. He wants you to be happy too. Okay, ty?"

He slowly nodded.

...............................

After a couple of hours we lighted a fire and sat down around it.
It was already night. The sky was dark and gloomy, just the way I wanted. I sat back and looked at the stars, counting each one of them.

"Can we name the biggest one mason?" Said Tyler laying down beside me.

I pointed at the brightest one "this one would suit him better, he has the brightest smile."

Tyler nodded "it's true. If only he could see me right now, he'd never let me go."

I turned and looked at him "I'll never let you go."

He smiled softly "you better not. I don't want to lose anyone else. I've had enough."

We all did.

But life doesn't allow us to be happy. There is something blocking our way to happiness, and I'm going to find out what it is.

Then, I had an idea.

"Merida?"

"Yea?"

"Do you still have that cellphone?"

"Yes, I do. Why?"

"Can I have it for a moment?"

"Sure."

I took the cellphone as I typed in mason's phone number. I never had it saved on my contacts so I always had to type it.

"Here," I said giving the phone to Tyler "now you can talk to mason whenever you want. Tell him about your day, how's your life going, tell him how you miss him. And how much you love him."

Tyler's smile made my day.

"Thank you, Dylan, you're the best!" He said giving me a huge hug.

"No problem."

.........

After some time, I saw Tyler get up with the phone in his hand.

He turned around a corner and started recording "mason? I love you....Please don't leave me, please don't go away. I want you, I can't live without you. I want to tell you something, remember that cookie you wanted to eat so desperately? Yeah.....I ate it that day without telling you, I hope you forgive me. I miss you like hell. Why did you leave me....how did you leave me? You were the one who comforted me when I was sad. Now, where are you..? Promise me you'll stay safe. And take care of yourself, I want to see you happy. Me and Dylan named a bright star as your name today. I hope you're happy wherever you are.....don't forget me, please."

And he stopped recording.

That's when I felt tears down my cheeks. I wiped them away as fast as I could and showed up beside Tyler, hugging him tight.

Hoping I'll never let go.

But that's when we saw mason's chat from the top, the word typing.