✨chapter 14~ the first and only best friend✨

*mason's Pov*

My sister's screams woke me up. But not only hers, but Tyler's too.

No—

They're in so much trouble.

"Mason! It's—" started Dylan coming to wake me up.
But I was already awake.

"Merida...and Tyler!" I finished off.

"Let's go!" He shouted.

We ran behind the cottage to find the queen holding merida's throat with her right hand and Tyler's throat on her left's.

"TYLER!" I shouted.

"MERIDA! TYLER!" Shouted Gavin.

"Merida!" Shouted Draven running toward her.

I grabbed him by his arm and yanked him back where he was.

"LEAVE THEM ALONE OR I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU MEET YOUR DEATH!" Shouted Dylan.

"Now this is a great show.....it needs to come up more often don't you think?" The queen noted.

"I think that your an asshole." Replied Dylan.

"Then you don't have a great opinion."

"Why don't you come back to my castle and tell me the truth about your hidden brother?" She asked.

"I won't tell you until you leave them alone." Said Gavin.

"But the promise I made for your sister is that you tell me the answer so that I won't slit all of your throats."

"What a pity promise."

"Is it now?"

"You want the answers don't you? Leave my sister and brother alone so you'll get them."

"If you won't speak up I'll kill you."

"That's not what I care about."

"Gavin-" started Merida.

"No. It really doesn't matter. Kill me, I don't care, just leave them alone....please." Replied gavin truthfully.

"Fine." Said the queen pushing Merida and Tyler to the ground.

I ran up to help Tyler off the ground and saw Dylan helping Merida.

"Now, I made my promise. It's your turn little blondie." Said the queen.

"My so called 'hidden brother' is dead. He tried to save our mother while you were killing her. But.....he freed her and was killed by your guard. Then, he died saving mother, but you ended up killing her. And your paying for that." Said Gavin swallowing.

"What a pity....your 17 year old brother locus could've been alive by now if he didn't try saving your dead mother."

"Don't tell me what could've been done. I already know that."

"Good, good. And what beautiful guard killed your brother?"

"........the one who bought Merida and Draven in the castle."

Merida and Draven Released a gasp.

"No-" started Draven.

"Well.....he's going to have a double salary." Said the queen smirking.

"Now, leave us alone."

And she left.

Now, no one is hunting us down.

We're all safe.

Tyler and Dylan and Gavin ran to Merida and hugged her tight.

I saw by the corner of my eye Draven hesitating to move to her but once he met my glare he stopped.

"You will never go alone." Said Draven clearing his throat.

"What?" She said.

"Draven is right, Merida. We don't want you hurt again." Replied Gavin.

"Yes, I won't bare it. I want you safe big sister." Said Tyler hugging Merida again.

"But no one wants anything from me now....I'm safe." She replied. "Besides, I didn't have my sword back there, that's why she got me. If I would've had it, I would've killed her."

"That'd be nice but that doesn't mean your allowed to leave our side." Said Dylan.

"Mhm." Agreed Gavin.

She rolled her eyes and said "fine."

Then her eyes met mine.

"Are you hurt?" I asked awkwardly.

"I—I don't think so."

"Make sure she isn't." Said Draven.

"And Would you care if I would be?"

"Maybe...."

"Yeah? Why's that?"

"Because.......because your my first and only best friend. And I can't lose you."

How.....touching.

"I—" she started but ran to him and wrapped her arms around him.

"Awwww." Said Tyler.

Gavin and Dylan exchanged looks but then giggled.

Draven broke the hug and searched her face. "Your scar's gone."

She touched her healed scar "yes.....mason did a great job healing it. Thank you again, mason."

I nodded slowly.

"Now where are these barriers you collected, Merida? I'd like to have a rest and eat some of them."