✨Chapter 1~first kill✨

*merida's Pov*

It was the blood.
The blood that made me go crazy.
The first kill I've done. And I'd like it to be my last.
My eyes scan the body I've killed. How old was he? 15? 16? What was his plan? What was going on his mind?

And the best question is: why am I forced to do this?
"May you Rest In Peace in the afterlife....whoever you were. I'm sorry...I'm really really sorry-" I said feeling a tear sliding down my cheek.

"You should've aimed right through his heart." Said a voice behind me.

Ugh.
Draven zachick.
I hate that boy.

I hate him so much that I could kill him right now and a smile would be playing on my lips.

I wipe away my tear and face him with dangerous eyes "well, I'm not someone who's a monster living inside me unlike someone I know."

A smirk was playing on his lips, he flew his fingers through his raven hair and said "no, but you'll experience it soon."

"Who are you to threaten me like that? Do you even know how hard it is for me to actually kill this innocent boy? If I had the chance to kill you i would do it right now."

"So do it."

Is he challenging me?
I sighed "just get out of my way."

"Do it." He said after me.

"JUST SHUT UP."

I run back to our classroom, trying to let go of image of the innocent boy's body laying in the woods.
"MERIDA!"

I look around to find Kira rushing toward me.
"Sup?" I said

"Did you see the kill board? Draven made it to the top." She said sighing.

"Ugh shit. How can that stupid and heartless boy kill so easily?"

"I know right! I mean I've killed yesterday for my first time just to pass our test and he kills as much as he wants like that?"

I squeeze her hand tightly "oh Kira! You should've seen the poor boy's body....I-I've killed him...."
And I start crying.

No. I don't want to cry.
Not now.
Not ever.

"Aww...I know it's hard! But it's not like we have to decide what we have to do. Besides, this is going to be our last kill. It was our first too." She said wiping away my tears.

"He was just a boy..." I said looking at the floor.

"I'm sorry....let's get you inside. Yesterday when I killed, I stayed up until 4am just crying my eyes out. How about a cup of coffee? Will that make you better?" She asked

"I guess."
No.
It never can.

And the day goes like that. Me inside my dorm just crying.

Who am I? Why am I here? Why are we forced to kill? Why don't I know my family? Are they out there? Crying and thinking about me? Or are they inside their graves laying in the silence?

Finally, my tears took me to sleep.

*the next morning*

I woke up looking around my dorm. My alarm ringing the worst sound I've ever heard.
It's time to get up.
It's time to learn how to kill.

As I found my way outside of kirriwam. I hate that name. The place that I've been kept. The place where I'm forced to kill.

Everyone was standing outside with a sword in their hand. Kira waved to me with a nervous smile.
I waved back narrowing my brows.

"You are late, Merida." Said mr. jack.

"I'm sorry I-"

"She's always late. I suggest a detention for once." Said Draven raising a brow at me.
I'm going to kill him-

"For your information, zachick, I've taken a hundreds of other detentions and I don't need a heartless man like you to-" I started losing my temper.

"That's enough. Both of you. Merida, I want you in my office after this class, understand?" Said mr. jack.

I slowly nodded biting my lower lip.

Draven was grinning at me like an idiot.

I'm going to kill him one day.

"Now, I want you all to hold up your swords nice and high right in front of your chests."

I grabbed the sword that was right behind me and clenched it tight doing what I'm supposed to do.

"Great. Kira, hold it a little bit higher." Noted mr. jack.

"When are we going to actually start killing?" Asked Draven raising a brow.

"Don't worry, Draven, the best is going to come. you are the best I've got for the job. But I'm afraid there is no killing for this year. But I can give you extra lessons after class. Is that ok with you?"

Draven slowly nods.

"Good, I'll see you and Merida in my office after class."

No-NO-NO NO NO NO NO
I WOULD RATHER BE WITH SATAN THAN WITH THAT STUPID AND IDIOT DRAVEN.

Oh my god—what am I doing in hell?

~after class~

Our class was all about sword fighting moves. Pretty chill in front of the rest of my classes.

"hate to hear your boring detention. But the best will come after that." Said Draven behind me.

When will he ever shut up?

"If I had my sword with me right now I would-" I started

"Oh, just so you know. I asked mr. jack that you'd be my next kill. And he said yes."

 That's kirriwam btw :)