71

All we wanted, was a place to feel, like home. 

Savannah woke up very comfortable and surprisingly feeling the best she'd felt in a long time.

Nothing was hurting, she could think straight, she was warm, and she had energy.

Savannah couldn't remember the last time she'd felt this good.

Not wanting to move or open her eyes, Savannah decided to just stay where she was, a small smile spreading across her face.

She recognized the scent of the person she was with.

She recognized the hands running through her hair.

Pietro had stayed with her while she slept, and it had been the best sleep she'd probably ever had.

"I know you're awake" Pietro brushed some hair out of her face, his voice sounding amused.

Savannah turned her head away so that he wouldn't see her smiling.

"I was comfortable," she said happily.

Pietro put his phone, which had been keeping him entertained for the past few hours, back into his pocket and stretched out his arms.

His arm was bent at a weird angle and his legs were hurting from being still so long, but he hadn't moved, not even a bit.

"How do you feel?" he asked, pulling the blanket up to cover her shoulders.

Savanna paused for a moment, assessing how she felt before another genuine smile spread across her face.

"I feel good," she said honestly, which made Pietro smile too.

Lifting her left arm above the blanket, both of them were satisfied with what they saw.

The veins were gone, completely gone, Savannah had almost forgotten what her arm looked like when she wasn't dying.

Pietro sighed happily and leaned his head back against the headboard.

The moment was perfect.

Too perfect, the two of them should've known it was too good to last.

Right on cue, the door burst open with no warning knock. Pietro was almost positive that he'd locked the door but his question was answered when Wanda invited herself in.

Wanda didn't need a key to open a door.

"Ah good, you're both here." She said, apparently approving of the situation.

"You" she pointed at Pietro, "you and I need to have a serious conversation about your behavior on missions, some of the agents said you were just running around like an idiot."
Pietro and Savannah glanced at each other.

"And you" Wanda now turned to Savannah, "I'm still waiting for an explanation on why nobody had heard from you in like a week." She gave Savannah a stern look that almost made Savannah raise her eyebrows. She'd never seen Wanda act so... boss lady like?

"And Natasha says she wants to talk to you, I'm sure you can guess what she wants to talk about." 

Wanda walked over and pulled the blanket to the side. Savannah frowned and Pietro groaned while Wanda coaxed them both out of bed.