39

Every now and then it hits me... that I'm the one that got away.

Savannah likes being alone.

Well, she used to like being alone.

For the past three days, she'd either had Peter or Wanda glued to her side at all times.

But Wanda was now off on a mission and Peter was at school.

So Savannah was left alone.

She didn't mind it at first.

But the first thing she saw when opening the freezer was ice cream.

It reminded her of the ice cream Gold had given her in her "dream" or whatever it had been.

And then she remembered how Gold was dead.

And it made her think of the other champions.

And how they were dead too.

So now Savannah realized that she was alone at Hydra as well.

There would be no one there to train with, no one to steal clothes from, nobody to brag to.

Savannah usually hated waiting for one of the champions to be done with the shower but now... she really didn't mind much.

But of course, she wouldn't have to wait anymore.

There'd be nobody there.

Thirteen beds but only one person left.

It seemed reality hadn't set in when the champions first died but now that a few days had passed, now that she decided not to burn the pictures Luca had given her. Instead, they stayed on her desk. She'd stare at them from time to time. Seeing the picture of her and Pietro reminded her that Rogue had been there too.

And how Rogue was now dead.

All of them were dead.

Because of Savannah.

Shaking her head she pulled herself away from the freezer to sit at the kitchen table.

Savannah had killed many times before. This was no different.

But it was, and she knew that.

All she could do was try to push that away as much as she could before it all came crashing down on her.

Savannah had never felt grief, and she wasn't about to start if she could help it.

So instead, she flicked through the different channels on the TV in the Avenger's living room.

Getting frustrated that there was nothing good to watch, Savannah threw the TV remote across the room. It hit the wall and slid down to the floor.

The fact that the TV remote was so far away annoyed her, so she picked up on the couch pillows and threw it in the same direction as the remote.

Okay... so maybe the death of everyone she'd known since birth was affecting her a little more than she'd like to admit.

But Savannah was fine.

She'd handle it.

She always did.

So Savannah moved to the training room.