34

A warrior does not mourn the dead until the war is over

The training room.

That was where she found Gold fighting with three champions. The plan was for her to get as far away as possible from all this but apparently something had gone wrong. Savannah ripped off the arm of the first one and used it to distract the second one so that she could swing in and snap his neck.

Savannah now had Gold pinned to the ground. Her instincts got the better of her for a moment and she almost had the urge to snap her neck as well.

But reality kicked in just in time and she managed to mouth the words "play dead" before rolling off of Gold and sprinting toward the third champion.

What she failed to notice however, was the fourth person who decided to enter the room.

He made no noise as he watched the fight happening from behind the row of punching bags.

She hadn't noticed the gun in his hand, or the fact that he saw the way Gold hadn't actually been killed.

She hadn't seen the way he watched the fight happening between Savannah and the other champion, how he waited for them to be distracted enough, how he seized the opportunity when the other champion somehow got Savannah into a headlock, and how the shot rang through the air.

Savannah's eyes shot up as the sound of the single bullet that seemed to bounce off the walls and echo through the room.

What she did not miss however, was the gun pointed right at Gold's chest, or the pool of blood around her growing bigger by the second.

Savannah's mouth went dry when her gaze flicked up to the man holding the gun.

The only champion she hadn't seen since the fight started, the one who had been watching from the sidelines as Savannah did all the work-

Rogue.

Savannah's arms swung around the waist of the champion who had her in a headlock.

With a simple pull, the champion was swung to the front, his body landing harshley on the hard floor.

Placing her foot harshly on his throat, she snapped his neck and made a beeline directly for Gold.

To her surprise, Rogue placed his gun back into his pocket and stepped back from Gold, allowing Savannah to try and stop the bleeding the best she could.

Not that it was any use.

In their multiple years of training to become the champions they are today they'd been taught different ways and places to shoot to create the best outcome.

Rogue had shot Gold right between the ribcage.

Savannah could guess that she had about two minutes before she bled out completely.

If her calculations were correct, Rogue was the last one remaining other than Gold and Savannah. If she could just get rid of him, she could take Gold to the med room-

Not that she was sure it would help, she was supposed to be killing Gold, not taking her to get medical help.

But she would deal with that when she got there, for now, she had to keep Gold conscious and breathing, and kill Rogue.