68

If I lose myself tonight, it'll be by your side. 

Savannah's eyelids were getting tired from staring at different colored liquids and into different cabinets and shelves.

Pietro had offered her multiple times now to just ask Bruce what to do and finally, after Savannah had gotten tired of him asking, she agreed that if they didn't find something in the next two hours then they'd return to the tower and she'd ask Bruce for help.

Pietro wanted to object to waiting two hours but after the look that Savannah gave him when he opened his mouth, he realized that it was the best he was going to get.

Savannah honestly thought she'd looked through every file in there.

She couldn't find it.

She found things that were similar, antidotes that had a slight chance of working, but not the right one, not the one she was sure wouldn't accidentally kill her.

Rumlow had woken from his power nap and proceeded to send dirty looks at Pietro until Savannah told him to go train agents and leave them alone.

He did so after another look from Savannah.

Now Pietro and Savannah were left alone in the small lab where files covered just about every available surface possible.

Not a single part of the table or floor or chairs weren't covered in files taken from the many cabinets.

It was amazing how many antidotes and poisons Pierce had created, Savannah almost felt lucky for getting the poison that she did, some of these others ones looked horrible.

"Savannah I really think we should go back" Pietro set down the same file that he'd already looked over three times and walked up behind her, rubbing her shoulders gently.

Savannah hummed to show that she'd heard him but kept looking through her own file.

He sighed and placed his hand under her chin, lifting her head up to look at him.

She raised her eyebrows and gave him a look that told him she didn't want to have this talk again.

"Savannah please, we've looked through everything here."
Savannah stayed quiet because he had a point, they'd looked through every file that Savannah could find.

"Let's go back to the tower, Doctor Banner will find you an antidote, and you don't ever have to come back to this place, okay?"

Savannah leaned her head against his arm which was still on her shoulder and nodded softly.

As much as she didn't want to tell Bruce or any of the other Avengers, especially her parents, there was nothing else to do here.

And Pietro was right, she could leave and never come back.

That was what she wanted.

—-------------------------

Savannah and Pietro were back in Pierce's office.

Apparently, there was something that Savannah wasn't willing to leave without.

Clint had called about a few missing Shield agents and asked if Pietro and Savannah could bring them back to the tower on their way back from the base. When Pietro asked how the hell Clint knew they were at a Hydra base, Clint just muttered something about Tony being a stalker before hanging up.