29

Love's gonna get you killed, but pride's gonna be the death of you.

"Savannah?"

"Are you listening to me?"

"Savannah?"

"Savannah?!"

Pietro snapped his fingers in front of her face a few times, pulling her out of her thoughts. Savannah looked around, she was sitting in the pool room, her feet splashing in the water while she sat at the end of the pool.

She hadn't noticed Pietro walking in, not that she had been paying attention, too caught up in the fact that she now had 12 hours.

Only 12 hours.

"Hm?" Savannah turned her head lazily in his direction only to be met with his slightly concerned look.
"You alright?" he asked, not wanting to make the situation worse.

Savannah didn't respond to his question, instead she turned her head to watch as small waves rippled away from her feet.

"I'm flying back to Russia in a few hours" her voice was calm and steady, the exact opposite of how she was feeling.

Pietro nodded, he knew what today was, all the Avengers did.

"At least you won't have to keep it a secret anymore" he offered, trying to find the good in the situation. This seemed to be the wrong thing to do however because Savannah sent him an unimpressed look.

She would rather keep a million secrets, a thousand different life-changing secrets away from anyone and everyone, just to keep things the way they were a few months ago. All she'd had to worry about was completing her missions and making sure that nobody caught onto her sneaking out to the Avenger's tower for movie nights with Wanda and Peter.

"I should go pack" Savannah muttered, standing up and brushing herself off, not minding the droplets of water falling down her legs.

They both knew Savannah didn't actually need to pack, she never packed, she never needed to. Savannah just wanted to be alone, she had to be alone. She had the strange urge to punch something and she didn't want a lecture from Natasha after she punched Pietro in the face.

So sitting alone in her room with her thoughts would have to do.

Savannah stopped just short of the door to look back at Pietro who had called her name.

"Everything's going to be okay," he assured her. The confidence in his voice almost made Savannah believe it, almost.

Instead, she shot him a small smile that didn't reach her eyes. She pulled the door open and walked out, letting her thoughts consume her once again.

---------------------------------

It wasn't until two hours later that Savannah was starting to feel the slightest bit anxious. Usually, for missions, she doesn't think about anything, she just acts. But for the past week, Savannah had all the time in the world to just think.

This wasn't all good because Savannah then realized that she has a tendency to overthink things when she has a lot of time to think. She came to the conclusion that she doesn't like thinking and was making her way to the training room to get her mind off it when she literally got dragged to the kitchen by Bucky. In the kitchen, she found the rest of the Avengers already sitting for lunch.