13

It's not a secret, it's just none of your business

Savannah was walking aimlessly through the tower. She had nothing to do while Peter was at school. She had contacted Pierce already to let him know how things were going. Jasper was asleep on her bed. She had already gone to the kitchen but found that there was nothing good to eat. You'd think that Stark being a millionaire would mean that there would be decent food options.

 But apparently, Pepper had convinced Tony to go on some sort of diet with her and now there was only healthy stuff in the fridge. She wasn't sure where the Avengers were either. She hadn't found any of them on her walk around the tower. It was weird because Natasha and Bucky would usually tell her whenever they left the tower but she hadn't even seen them today.

Savannah wasn't complaining though, having the whole tower to herself wasn't the worst thing in the world.

She decided that she should spend her time trying to find some useful things about the Avengers. She had been here almost a week now and still didn't have anything to report.

Savannah made her way to the file room. It was a room where all the important documents were kept in paper form just in case. There was a password needed to enter the room but luckily enough, Savannah had managed to get Peter to slip up and tell her what it was.

One thing she learned about Peter, he was horrible at keeping secrets. She made a mental note never to tell him anything important.

Savannah looked up and down the hallway before putting in the passcode to the room. The door opened with a loud creak causing her to cringe at the sound. She pushed the heavy door open and locked it behind her. Inside the room were boxes upon boxes of different files. When Savannah was told it was only for the most important stuff, she guessed maybe a few files. But there were at least a thousand here.

At least she'd have a lot to report...

One hour....

Two hours...

Three hours later,

Savannah had finished maybe five out of the forty-something boxes. There were flies spread out on the floor, the ones she had already read were sitting in a very large pile. Savannah was tired of reading through these. Most of them were just stupid information they had about Hydra that Savannah knew wasn't even correct. She was about to put down the file in her hand and finish snooping for the night until something caught her eye. It was the name of her mom. Her mom's name was on one of the files. It wasn't Natasha, no, it was her other mom. The one that had adopted her. Savannah opened the file curiously.

She recognized the information, Hydra had a file on the same thing. It was the mission on which her parents had been killed.

Savannah didn't know if she could read anymore. She didn't really want to know what it said. But she couldn't stop herself.

Savannah turned the page to where the mission report was. The report had been written from Steve's point of view, Savannah knew from her own experience that Steve hadn't been where her parents were for most of the fight.

[After we recovered the hostages, we made sure that there was no other threat present. I went with Natasha Romanoff, Bucky Barnes, Tony Stark, and Hulk to the main entrance of the base. The agents were already waiting for us, hundreds of them. They stood in lines with their guns already raised-]