Chapter 16 : Girl Comes Along

Orleston High.
Two weeks until graduation...

It's been a month since the latest events and Orleston's teens are getting ready to say goodbye to their high school life for good. Roy and Hayley are expecting prom now more than ever but what's shocking is how Anastasia has been silent about literally the only thing she wouldn't shut up every single day last year.

Hayley has to go to class, which leaves Roy to check on their friend. "What's up with you blondie, you seen lost!" He points out to her and she sighs. First she looks left and right to make sure that Cameron is not around and then grabs Roy and they walk inside an empty class.

"Not to be mean but I only make out with Hayley inside empty classrooms..." Roy teases her and she rolls her eyes.

"Oh shut your stupid mouth, I have a problem..." the cheerleader begins and then adds, "Cameron hasn't asked me to prom and I don't even know if Cameron is the one I want to take me to the prom anyways..."

Roy's eyes almost erupt when he hears these words coming out of Anastasia's mouth. But truth be told, he kind of figured out for which boy his friend's heart partially beats too. "You girls can't stay away from your bad boys can you?" Roy says and secretly means Nate.

"No it's not that...You know what? Cameron is my other half, I love Cameron...you don't get to make me feel bad for actually wanting to be on good terms with my boyfriend now that we have prom. Goodbye Roy, it was nice talking to you!" Anastasia grabs her books and leaves the classroom as Roy smirks. He crosses his arms and whispers, "She must be on her moon days..." Before he heads towards his class too.

Wilson's residence.
In the meantime...

Diana is helping her brother to slowly pack the first of many stuff that he I'd going to either throw away or take with him to San Diego. What's surprising for the young woman is how calm her brother is the past few days. "So Spencer is leaving in a few days...are you okay with that?" She asks him and he nods.

"Yeah, me and Spencer tried it, it didn't work out but it was mutual and now we get to move on..." George responds.

"And Julian hasn't been around that often lately..." she adds and watches his reactions.

"That's on me...I may have confessed how I feel about him and then instantly crashed every single possibility that we might had at a normal relationship!" George explains and Diana rolls her eyes since she has always been a Julian fan.

"Look I've seen you with Sean and Spencer and many guys that their names I don't even remember but I've never seen you so in love and I don't mean the past few months but the last eight years that he's been around you..." the young woman reveals her thoughts to her brother and his gaze seems lost for a minute as he recalls how many times he has crashed Julian's heart.

Then he turns to his sister and says softly to her, "Let's just keep packing..." and Diana bites her lower lip as she frowns, seeing very well that her brother is not very happy with the situation he put himself in.

"Can I ask you something too?" He asks her.

"Sure!" Diana replies and smiles at her brother.

"Are you okay?" George looks at his sister and he's no fool, he knows something is up. Diana looks at him and sighs as she avoids answering.

Stadium.
One hour later...

Anastasia appears in her cheerleading uniform, walking towards her boyfriend who is still having a hard time at practice. Before Cameron can even react, she jumps at him and starts kissing him like she hasn't seen the boy for months.