Chapter 1: Our Last Summer

(George's & Julian's Story)

Hospital.
Three Months Later...

"Then I went for a swim but you know how Florida is, the beaches are not as good as you expect them to be and not only that but George and Diana didn't even warn me about the hurricanes..." Anastasia is narrating her summer stories to a comatose Roy like she has done for the past few months. She wanted to be there for him in case he needs something or he wakes up but nothing happened the whole summer. She kisses his forehead and looks at him being so peaceful. "Sometimes I wonder if you can hear me..." she whispers to him and leaves the hospital for today, heading outside where the sun is once again embracing her blonde looks the she returned to during early August.

She thinks about all of the what if's of the summer that has almost ended and she realizes that it's not worth thinking about it anymore. As she turns to her left she falls into a young woman who tries to unlock the door of the building where Olivia used to live. "The door needs some pushing...You are probably new here." The cheerleader points out and helps her open the door. "Oh my God, thank you...I thought that I would only have to be nervous for my teaching job but I guess I have to worry about my building's door too." The young woman says to Amastasia and asks her from where can she get a coffee in this town.

"Well you are lucky cause my brother has the best spot in town...I'm Anastasia by the way!"

"I'm Kia and judging from your age, I think I'm your new History professor!" Kia says with a smile on her face while she takes out a few dollars from her Louis Vuitton wallet and adds, "Now let me buy you a coffee as a thank you!"

Orleston's Stadium.
In the meantime...

"ALRIGHT TIGERS...PRACTICE IS OVER!" Noah yells at the team and tells them to go home. Then he looks at his left and spots George arriving to the stadium. They smile at each other and then George takes two bags full of food from his backpack, "Don't worry, I didn't cook, my neighbor did for me!" And they laugh. Noah helps him with the food and they sit at the bleachers as they see the team heading to the lockers...

"Soo Mr Coach, how was your first day back?" George asks him.

"Not worse than Florida and you combined!" Noah teases his friend and George pinches him. "I was a very good boy!" George points out and Noah starts fake laughing.

"It's okay, you probably were too busy being drunk or clubbing to remember most of the vacation!" Noah adds and suddenly they get a more serious look. George starts eating his fries and explains to Noah that many things lead to what happened at their vacation. "From my marriage falling apart to Spencer's return to saying goodbye to Julian and Olivia, I hope you understand I needed to chill out..." the young man says and then they start eating together as Noah looks at his friend and sighs before they something funny to forget about other things.

Town's streets.
One hour later...

Few blocks away and Spencer is standing for the millionth time outside of his parents home, not being able to walk towards the porch without fearing that they will tell him to go away. He eventually decides to leave once again, not being able to find the courage to stand in front of his parents.