Chapter 12 : We Matter

Orleston Streets.
Early morning...

   George is walking down the street with Asher since they can finally have some alone time to discuss the job offer. Even though it's George's dream to write for a big magazine, he doesn't think that he's brave enough to leave Bluelife and leave Orleston forever, after all, something always happens that brings him back.

  "Look, the offer is amazing but-" George tries to say however the other man interrupts him.

  "...But your life is a mess right now, your boyfriend doesn't talk to you and you broke your best friend's heart and you can't leave your sister here before she finishes school!" Ashes concludes for him.

  "How do you know all that stuff?" George is really curious.

  Asher smiles and reveals something to his maybe-future employee, "Your sister really wants me to bring you to San Diego and she informed me over what you may say to avoid the job..."

  George grins and rolls his eyes, since Diana always opens her mouth to achieve what she wants. "Can I at least think about it?" The boy asks him.

"Of course, the writer that your going to replace either you accept the job, is going to leave during the first week of June...Is that alright?" Asher responds and looks at the time since he has a flight to catch. They shake hands and the man gets inside his Uber and departs for the airport. "And now, time to deal with all the shit I have caused...again!" He whispers to himself.

  Orleston High.
Two hours later...

   Anastasia is sitting with Hayley and Nate at the school's cafeteria and emails to them why she and Cameron haven't talked since the wedding. "Is he going ti be there for the abortion?" Hayley asks her friend, worried that Anastasia might have to go there all by herself.

  "Can't George come?" Hayley adds.

  "I kind of haven't mentioned the abortion to him..." Anastasia points out and her two friend believe that it's a big mistake. Nate takes a bite from his apple and points out to her, "Look, talk to your brother, I'm sure he is going to be there but for better or worse, if you need someone, call me!" And they smile at each other.

Hayley not being stupid, catches up on the embracing looks that each other look at each other. "Plus I am here!" She makes sure that they know she's there and stop looking at each other. The cheerleader turns to her and smiles, "Right, of course!" And then notices that Cameron just arrived at the cafeteria, so she gets up and heads towards her boyfriend but when he sees her, he sighs and says softly, "Just give me some time Anastasia..." and turns around, heading outside.

  The blonde girl looks around and everyone has noticed that she acts weird lately but Nate has her back, "Why don't you all look at your own ugly faces?" He says to them and the cheerleader smiles.

  In the meantime, Kia and Noah are alone at the teacher's lounge and remind each other how amazing the night of the party was for them. "That was the best set of my life!" Noah whispers to her and she raises her eyebrow.

  "Really? What were you? A virgin before that night?" She teases him and they share another kiss.

  "Don't do that to me now..." Noah grabs her and he wraps his arms around her waist. Kia looks around and then locks the door. She smiles dirty to him and then points out, "I suppose the headmaster wouldn't mind having sex on the couch he bought?" And Noah smiles as they jump at each other.

  Mendoza residence.
Meanwhile...

   George knocks Spencer's door until he opens. It takes a few minutes for the young mexican to realize that his boyfriend is not going to leave him alone so he opens. "I brought you donut and my infamous cappuccino for breakfast!" George tries to be sweet with him after what went down.