Chapter 8 : The Diana Project

Orleston Streets.
A week before Christmas...

   "Jingle bell ROCKS!!" Hayley sings in the middle of the street as she buys gifts for her friends and family alongside Anastasia. The young cheerleader covers her ears since her friend is singing worse than her brother. "Stop singing...you are making more dizzy than I already am!" Anastasia mocks her and touches her belly.

  "Oh come on...It's the first time in my life that I feel like celebrating, even if the parents of my boyfriend hate my guts!" Hayley gives the reason for her being extremely energetic and happy at the moment and then turns to her friend. She noticed how Anastasia is pale at the moment and suggests, "You know what, let's go inside a shop so you can get warm...do you need a hot chocolate?"

  "No I'm already better now that you stopped singing..." Anastasia tries to tease her friend before she runs towards the bathroom like a lighting bolt.

  "Aha...yeah, now I know what I should buy her for Christmas!" Hayley points out and checks her phone to see how Roy is doing even though he must be at Cameron's already.

  Wilson's residence.
In the meantime...

  George wakes up and heads towards the door. Someone has been knocking her for five minutes and the young man just hoped that the person would have stopped but no. Once he opens however he finds himself a surprise, "Diana? What are you doing here?" The boy says loudly. The girl jumps at him and hugs him before she answers anything.

  "What am I doing here? Can we please not act like you were not suffering without my wisdom?" Diana points out and George raises his left eyebrow.

  "I'm sorry, your what?" George asks, sarcastically.

  "Let's not forget that I'm the only one who has managed to have a stable, healthy relationship with the same person I was in High School!" Diana strikes back and her brother kind of can't deny that.

  "So how will your wisdom save me?" George asks and his sister takes out of her bag, a small gift for him. They share a tender look and the boy unwraps it, only to find a picture of him, Diana and Ramon from a night out during their senior year. George looks at the photo and then at his sister as he hugs her. "It's lonely in San Diego, I've missed you so much!" Diana whispers to him and they both start tearing up when Spencer walks inside after returning home from the training center.

  "Diana? Hey!" The man hugs her and wonders why she's here so early since they where expecting her alongside Alex and the kids. Diana smiles awkwardly to Spencer since she's not the biggest fan of him for some reason and then she turns again to her brother...

  "You know who we should invite to come early too? Julian and Olivia. Have you heard they are thinking about divorce?"

   George rolls his eyes and Spencer looks at his boyfriend who once again is dealing with his sister weird taste of humor. "Actually me and Spencer were going to buy a tree for the holidays, so maybe we should invite them some other time!" George tries to avoid the whole invitation thing and Spencer, wanting to make him feel better offers a different option. "Actually, why don't I go with Diana for a tree and you can stay here and cook? I love your Christmas cookies!" Spencer winks at George and they smile playfully while Diana can't believe that someone likes her brother's poisoning cooking.

  "Are you into committing suicide?" She asks Spencer who smiles amd grabs her to go for the tree while George whispers to him, Thank You.

  Orleston's Stadium.
One hour later...

   Roy, Cameron and the rest of the team have gathered at the locker room with Noah joining them with food and wine following him. "Is that a catering company behind you, Coach?" Roy asks the man and everyone runs towards the food. "Indeed Mr Devante, I wanted to do something for the team since it's my first Christmas as your coach. I remember that when I was a tiger, there's nothing that I loved more than the moment our coach went soft on us and bought us food...So here I am doing the same for you, but only because it's the holidays!" Noah explains to his players and they all start drinking some wine.