Chapter 15 : They're having a Maybe

Devante Manor.

Hayley slowly walks towards Roy's house and she's worried about finally accepting the assistant job that her husband managed to get her for extra cash. As she walks inside and finds Verna Devante looking st her with her arms crossed and her left eyebrow risen like she's fucking the president, that's when the girl feels like shitting her pants.

  "You're five minutes late...That won't happen again. Don't expect special treatment just because I'm your mother in law, this is business, now grab those files and follow me inside, alright?" Verma lectures her.

  "Um, but I'm fifteen minutes early...what are you talking about?" Hayley responds, confused about why she was just lectured.

  "I don't care, you could have been here earlier...Now stop talking and start working, am I not speaking English?"

  Hayley sighs and whispers, "I'm going to kill him..." as she fantasizes about murdering Roy.

  Orleston's Stadium.
In the meantime...

   Cameron, Roy and the rest of the Tigers are getting ready for the State Championship and Noah notices that Cameron is a little bit off so he yells at him and yells that he needs to have a word with him.

  "Coach I know I'm doing bad, I just don't know what it is..." Cameron immediately makes it clear that he knows he's not at his best game.

  "Look boy, I am your coach in and out of this field and if you are going to be my star player and win us the championship next week, I'm going to need you to be honest with me..." Noah responds to the tall boy and Cameron nods his head.

"Next week, same day as the State Championship, it's going to be my mother's one year anniversary since she died and-" Cameron reveals the truth and then his coach interrupts him.

  "Say no more...You're off the team for today, go out and clear your head. You need this son!" Noah adds his opinion and tells to go and relax both physically and mentally. As the coach moves on to check the rest of the team, Cameron is left alone, thinking how can he come back from this place that he's stuck in at the moment.

  He takes a look around him and understand what his coach is saying to him. Why he needs to have some time off and he walks towards the locker room to change.

  Orleston High.
Early afternoon...

   Meanwhile, Nate is trying to catch up with after-school homework so he can be able to graduate on time. This is a first for the bad boy. Maybe he actually cares for school or maybe he is trying to make his program as full as possible to avoid thinking about the unavoidable, the girl with the long blonde Barbie-like hair.

  Unfortunately for him, as he closes his locker, the blonde devil makes her appearance right next to him. "Are you trying to be spooky because it's not working..." Nate teases her but she seems dead serious.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Anastasia crosses her arms, leans on another locker and asks him on a serious tone. Nate looks at her and nods as she waits for a different reaction. "Well that's it?" She adds, confused.

"Yeah, I'm avoiding you..." Nate doesn't deny what he's actually doing and Anastasia's jaw almost drops.

"Why?" She asks him.

"Why do you even care?" He asks on a teasing tone.

"Because I-I need a ride for home once my cheer practice ends!" Anastasia changes what she was about to say and gives a lukewarm answer to the boy.

"A ride home? Okay sure, I will call you once my class ends...bye now!" Nate responds to her and walks towards the class, leaving the cheerleader in the middle of the halls, biting her lower lip as she comes to the realization that she does care about her and Nate's friendship, a lot.