Chapter 23

"Bye Harry, thank you so much for letting me stay" Taylor said as she was halfway through the door.

"Bye Taylor! I'm always happy to help!" I said and as soon as Taylor closed the door, I turned to look at a grumpy Niall who had his arms crossed while leaning against the counter.

"I can't believe we thought she was an evil bitch who's slowly trying to break our relationship!" I said, chuckling at the thought. Taylor is just really misunderstood.

"I still think she is" Niall said and I rolled my eyes.

"Don’t be insensitive Niall" I said.

"Insensitive?" he scoffed, "You made me go stay in the kitchen alone while you were having a nice conversation with Taylor! I had to watch you smile at everything she says while I ate my pancakes in silence!"

"She was going through something really horrible!" I said, trying my best not to raise my voice.

"So that gives you every reason to forget about me? What am I? A toy that you can merely throw away once you found a new one!" Niall said, clenching his fists ay his side. I gulped because I know that when Niall clenches his fist, it will not lead to something good.

"Oh come on baby, I'm sorry. Taylor just-- she got hit by her boyfriend. In the stomach" I said, whispering the last part.

"Wait, what?" Niall asked, his hands relaxing once more.

"They fought about something and instead of talking it out, t2 punched her in the stomach" I said, inwardly sighing in relief as Niall's eyes started showing guilt and sadness.

"I d-didn't know" he said and I nodded, stretching out my arms. "Oh god I feel like shit now" Niall said, running towards my outstretched arms and wrapping his arms around my torso. "I'm sorry Harry"

"It's okay Niall, I understand and I knew you'd understand as well" I said, hugging him tightly.

"I'm so sorry Harry, I just thought that you realized that she's a much better person better than me right after we talked about loving and missing each other when we're back into our own separate worlds"  he said. I pushed his chin using my thumb to make him look at me and then leaned forward to plant a kiss on his lips.

"I can never replace you Niall" I said and I mean it.

Thankfully, things went back to completely normal the next day, or at least I thought it did.

"Scoot over" I said fondly as I sneaked under Niall's blanket on the couch. We decided to just cuddle and watch sappy romance movies at 10pm eating nothing but sodas and chips and other junk that will make our stomachs rot but we both don’t care.

"Hmm" Niall sighed happily as he leaned against my shoulder and taking my hand in his.

Suddenly, we heard the sound of the kitchen door slamming open and we both held each other tightly. "What the fuck is it? Who that fuck is it?" Niall said, inching closer to me. 

"I'll check it out" I said, hesitantly standing up. I grabbed a flower vase nearby and started walking slowly.

"What if it's a kidnapper or a murderer or a rapist?" Niall said, grabbing my hand once more and stopping me from moving ay farther.

"It's okay, as long as you're safe everything's gonna be fine" I said, smiling at him.

"Be careful" Niall said, wrapping the blankets around him even closer. 

"I will" I said, leaning down to give him a kiss. 

I mustered all my strength and made my way to the kitchen, my hands gripping the vase tightly that it could break any minute now. I saw a girl but the doorway and as she stepped closer, I was about to throw the vase but then a voice stopped me.