Chapter 11: Blind Date

Y/N woke up early seeing it was raining outside, although everyone in New York hated the rain, she highly enjoyed it. The smell of the rain on the concrete, the cold air and the feeling of peace. As she got dressed, she couldn't help but be happy, she and her brother made up, she was going back to work and excited to see Brad and his now fiancé Bobby who very much so need her help in planning their wedding. Y/N was also just excited to have a free day with no drama and especially no Johnny...

Making her way downstairs putting on her rain boots she glanced at the letter Johnny left her. Debating on taking and reading it or just throwing it away. She rolled her eyes annoyed as she grabbed her umbrella and making her way through Central Park.

"TODAY'S A GOOD DAY EVERYONE!"

She screamed out loud for everyone to hear for maybe even miles smiling big as she walked waving and saying hello to everyone as they yelled back to her.

"THERE'S OUR GIRL!"

"WELCOME BACK Y/N!"

"THANK GOD THE SMILE IS BACK!"

"HAVE A SAFE DAY TODAY Y/N!"

"OH, HAPPY DAY!"

And those were just some of the thing's Y/N could hear clearly while doing her routine, the walk in the park, a hot chocolate from her favorite place and then full speed walk to her store. Little did she actually know that as she pasted the Baxter Building there was a certain someone above watching her.

"She looks beautiful today..." Johnny said quietly as he looked down at Y/N walking on the street from the balcony making sure she made it safely from the park to her store.

"Hi everyone! Sorry! Made it as fast as I could" she said to the mini crowd who were outside her store seeing if it was open.

"Come on in everybody!" Y/N unlocked the door letting everyone in as she set up the register, turned on the lights and the heater so it would be nice and warm.

🍁

-- That Afternoon --

Y/n's store was busier than ever. Customers coming in and out saying how much they missed Y/N and the store, almost half the shelves were empty needing to be restocked but with the big line Y/N just didn't have a moment to do it. Brad and Bobby soon arrived.

"Hello! Welcome back Miss. Thang!" Bobby smiled big as he was holding lunch knowing well Y/N had not eaten anything.

"Hi bobby! Hi brad! Uh, find a place to sit and I'll be right there!"

Brad looked over at Y/N rushing going as fast as she could, helping people in line and knew she needed the help. He looked at Bobby and they both nodded. Brad headed to the register to pull Y/N away from it and Bobby went to restock the shelves.

"Brad, No, I can do-"

"Y/N, take a break, we got this." Brad smiled and went to help the customers checking out.

Y/N looked at Bobby restocking the shelves the way she does it. She smiled big, thankful for them and went to help people find and look for a good book.

The crowd finally cleared out an hour later leaving Y/N exhausted and laying down on her couch in the little silent reading area she made for her store which also served as her break room. Brad put up her "Gone to lunch" sign and soon joined Y/N along with Bobby following him.

"Thank you for helping, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Well..." Bobby said suspiciously

"I'm sorry Y/N, I tried my best to shake him off the idea..."