Chapter 10: Ben and Y/N talk

-- O'DONNEL'S PUB --

Y/N stopped running halfway home, she knew Johnny would be there at her doorstep or pulling some romantic gesture to make her give in and forgive him so instead she decided to take a walk through her old neighborhood in Brooklyn.

The streets were dim lighted, quiet, and somewhat peaceful although it does look a little creepy. As Y/N walked down the street looking around she noticed a man with a long coat, pants no shirt or shoes and a very interesting hat. She new it was her brother and sure enough he went to the family's favorite bar. Y/N took a breath knowing that it was now or never to make up with her brother and just knew the way her brother was walking, he needed his sister.

Ben walked inside and of course everyone stared at him. Ernie, the bartender, was the only one to treat him normally and show respect. Asking what he wanted to drink and sticking up for Ben after he sat down making the chair break beneath him...

"Oh my gosh" Y/N walked in witnessing her brother fall to the ground. She quickly moved people out of the way and helped her brother up, staring at everyone who laughed.

"Hey, that's Ben Grimm there, the first mook from Brooklyn to go to outer space, so pay him some respect!" Ernie yelled at everyone

They all turned away scared of Ernie, but some still stared. Y/N ordered herself a drink and sat next to her brother. Sadly, when Ben got his the glass broke in his hands...

"Ernie, do you have a plastic cup? Kid kind?"

"I do Y/N. Good to see you home sweetheart"

Y/N smiled at Ernie as he went to get the cup and put Ben's drink in it allowing him to drink it with no problems.

"Thanks" Ben said scared to look at his sister

"Ben, I'm sorry... I'm sorry for what I said about you and Debbie, but you know I never would've said it if it was true."

"I know, looking back you were right..." he sighed "I was the one who loved more and did more."

Y/N gave her brother a soft smile

"If there's a God, He hates me."

Before Y/N could say anything, this beautiful blind woman spoke up making Y/N and Ben look over at her

"She is not so much into hate."

"You wouldn't say that, if you could see me."

Y/N smacked her brother's arm although it hurt her more than it hurt him

"Then let me see you, Can I?"

Ben looked at Ernie and Y/N annoyed as they shrugged their shoulders. Alicia hit her drink on her table grabbing her wrapped up walking stick putting it in her purse as she got up walking over bumping into a stool. The three of them reached over to help her but she waved them off

"I'm ok."

Ben stood there facing her as Alicia walked up to him, she put a hand on his face -- something in her tone and gentle touch allowed Ben to let her. She smiles softly. Y/N and Ernie watched her making faces at each other seeing something happen between Ben and Alicia.

"Such a sad face... You know, sometimes being different isn't a bad thing."

'Trust me, this ain't one of those times." Ben took her hands off her chest

She smiled softly, taking her cane out and got ready to leave, Ernie went with her to make sure she got home alright making Ben turn around quickly to look at her one last time