Chapter 13: Rekindling Friendship

Today was a happy day, there was a small wind in the air, the sun shined bright and there was just a sense of happiness that filled New York. Y/N woke up smiling that it was her day off. She had a list of things to get done; shopping, buy a new book, and pick up Ben's things from Debbie's apartment... The last one she was dreading so she decided to do that one first just to get it out of the way.

Y/N put on her heels, jeans, sweater, peacoat and her purse double checking she had everything then headed out the door. She called a cab and headed off to Brooklyn

The cab driver pulled up to the apartment and paused the fare. He just happened to be a friend of Y/N and Ben's parents and agreed to start the fare again after she puts all of Ben's things into the car.

Y/N headed upstairs to the apartment seeing that Debbie threw everything Ben owned into boxes like it was trash. She was furious and kicked Debbie's door knowing she was home. Y/N took a deep breath and started to put all of Ben's things nicely into the boxes. The neighbors heard Y/N angrily kick Debbie's door and came out to help her pack and take Ben's things downstairs to the cab.

Everyone in that building missed Ben and hoped he would come by and visit soon. Y/N smiled at them and shut the trunk looking up at the apartment seeing Debbie in the window. She looked up at Debbie who was giving her a smug look, Y/N laughed and held up her middle finger high and proud then got into the cab heading to the Baxter Building

🍁

Y/N arrived at the Baxter Building the door man grabbed a luggage cart for her and helped load up Ben's boxes. She headed inside taking a deep breath preparing herself for the moment she'd see Johnny again, but quickly shook her head and began to focus on her brother.

The elevator doors opened and Y/N pulled in the cart as Ben walked over. She told him immediately what Debbie did and he was furious.

"After all these years she had no right to do that. I mean I paid for our apartment, everything!"

"I know Ben and I hate to say it, but... I TOLD YOU SO." she yelled

"Shut up."

Y/N laughed and pushed the cart over to Ben's room. As they unloaded all his things Johnny woke up coming out of his room across the hall. He quickly saw Y/N and closed his door a bit hiding and just watched her.

"So sis, what's new?"

"Well." Y/N smiled "I went on a blind double date"

"I thought you hated those?" He laughed "Who was the guy?"

"His name is Rick Henderson. His father is that famous lawyer Dick Henderson and I don't know." she shrugged "I decided to just give the blind date a chance." she smiled

"So... Rick and Dick" Ben started laughing

"Watch it." Y/N stood her ground

"I'm just messing with you kiddo. I'm happy for you and for moving on."

"Thank you." Y/N put the last box in Ben's room "All right, that was the last one. I gotta head out."

"Where you going?"

"Times square. I gotta do some shopping and then the grocery store." she shrugged "Probably not in that order but oh well."

"Be safe please."

"I always am Ben." she smiled softly and hugged her brother "I'll see you soon."

Y/N pushed the cart back to the elevator and headed to the lobby giving it back to the bellman. She smiled and left the building walking to the store that was close to her home.