Chapter 8: Brad's Advice

It was early in the morning, Y/N woke up early excited to start the day, but also nervous. Johnny had invited her to go to the Baxter Building and watch his tests get done. This would be the first time she'd also see her brother since their argument. She was preparing herself for whatever could happen as Y/N got dressed. As she headed out the door she noticed Brad waiting for her.

"Hi Brad, what're you doing here?"

"Wanted to see if you wanted to get some breakfast and to check in on you. I saw your sign at the store."

"Yeah... I could use some breakfast and a chat with my best friend"

Y/N smiled softly as she locked her door. Brad held out his arm for her then walked to their favorite breakfast spot.

🍁

"I'll have a waffle with scrambled eggs and bacon please."

"Same for me."

The waitress smiled taking their menus leaving them to talk.

"So, why the sign?"

"Ben and I had a fight... You saw the news right? about the 'Fantastic Four' two days ago?"

"Yeah! saw Johnny, Sue, Reed and a rock guy..." the realization soon hit Brad hard "WAIT THAT'S BEN?!" he whisper yelled

"Yes, that's Ben. Debbie called me screaming she saw a monster and mentioned it said it was Ben." She took a deep breath "I found him at the bridge and Debbie showed up..."

"What happened?"

"She took off her ring and left my brother high and dry."

"Bitch."

The waitress brought over and placed their food down at their table smiling as she walked away. The two friends then began eating.

"So. You gonna tell me what's going on with you and Johnny"

Y/N nearly chocked on a piece of egg

"Wha-What? Nothing's going on-"

"Saw him kissing you yesterday and no one missed the flame heart thing. Spill it."

"All right, I had a small encounter with Johnny before they took off to space. Almost ran me over with his motorcycle and then took me to the market, but not important."

Brad shook his head and ate a piece of his waffle

"We were at the space station place and I had to use the restroom. Johnny grabbed and kissed me."

"What did he say? or was he just doing it to do it?"

"He told me he's loved me since 8th grade, only reason he kissed Rachel was because he saw you kiss me on the cheek at the party and thought we had feelings for each other, and after "losing me" he started the play boy act to get over me..."

"Wow. That's a lot... Do you love him still?"

"I don't know Brad... To be honest I truly don't know." Y/N took a bite of her waffle and looked out the window "I mean yesterday he was sweet like how he was in school, but then in a moment" she snapped her fingers "his play boy act came back..."

Brad took a sip of his coffee and stared at Y/N thinking.

"I think you should keep your guard up." Y/N shot her head up to look at Brad concerned "Look, the Johnny you knew is still in there some where"

"And?"

"The new Johnny is taking the wheel, especially now with his powers... You saw him on the bridge, how he quickly got cocky."

Y/N looked down at her empty plate a little sad

"Y/N, I love you. You're my best friend and I don't want to see you get hurt by him again..."

"I understand, thank you for always being honest with me" she smiled softly

"Always."

🍁

The two friends finished their breakfast and talked about Brad's engagement story to Bobby. Soon they paid and headed out walking down the street to get hot chocolate.

"I gotta go to the Baxter Building"

"Why? Gonna talk to Ben?"

"Johnny wants me there for his tests that Reed wants to do on them..." she took a deep breath "and also be there for my brother."

"What did he say to you?"

Y/N looked down sadly as she fought back tears of thinking back to what Ben had yelled at her...

"You can tell me Y/N... You know that"

She smiled softly "He told me that i know nothing of love and that I'm out here living in fantasies and dreaming of something to happen that will never come true..."

Brad shook his head at Ben's words as Y/N spoke. "What else did he tell you?"

Y/N took in a shaky breath "That I'm too stupid to realize that I'm still in love with a guy who has never shown me the time of day, he's a pretty boy looking to have fun-- he's not the kind to settle down." Y/N finally let the tears fall down as Brad held her tight

"You listen to me Y/N" Brad pulled away cupping
Y/N's face "Dreams come true Y/N, your dreams come true. You know more about love than anyone I know." He wiped her tears away as she smiled "Don't let Ben's stupid words take that away from you..."

Y/N smiled and hugged her best friend tight. Thankful he's in her life, her safety net whenever she needed a good talking to.

"I gotta go, I'm late."

"Alright. You be safe all right?"

"I will. I'll call you later."

Brad nodded then watched his best friend head to the Baxter Building. Y/N took a deep breath preparing herself and thinking of what Brad had told her about keeping her guard up with Johnny.

"I'm not going to let you break me again Storm..."

She whispered quietly as she walked into the building and pressing the penthouse floor in the elevator...

-- Little Note --

God bless Brad!