Chapter 22: Flame On

Y/N and Johnny looked up seeing the Baxter Building lit up glowing red. They both held each other staring at it wondering what was happening as the wind picked up. Y/N was worried about Ben, she knew Reed had fully built the machine, but it was not tested yet. She hoped it was not Ben using it himself risking his life.

 She hoped it was not Ben using it himself risking his life

"Ben..." she whispered "Ben!" Y/N let go of Johnny and ran straight for the Baxter Building with Johnny close behind her.

They ran inside as the lights flickered and Jimmy outside on the ground being helped up by a crowd of people since Victor threw him through the doors. Making it to the elevator Y/N and Johnny tried to catch their breath. He was wondering what happened as Y/N was going through every scenario in her head making herself shake from fear and panic.

"Pidge." Johnny looked over seeing her panic "Pidge, Look at me. It's going to be all right." He said taking her hands calming her down as she nodded then looked to see the elevator doors open.

"Sue?"

"Ben?!"

"Johnny the machine worked!"

Johnny and Y/N looked around as the lab was destroyed then saw Sue with Ben.

"I leave you for 5 minutes"

Johnny and Sue help Ben up then search for Reed as Y/N happy to see her brother safe just hugged him tight.

"Victor was affected by the storm like us. He's got Reed."

Johnny, Sue, and Y/N went to the balcony to look up at the damage to see if Reed was outside along with any sign of Victor. Suddenly they hear glass break and a heat seeking missile coming their way. The girls looked at Johnny as he figured it out quickly.

"Aw no."

"You have to get out of here"

Johnny walked over to the edge of the balcony as Sue panicked but Y/N stayed silent knowing what was going to happen. He turned to Y/N walking to her and kissed her hard then back away from her getting ready to jump.

"I love you..." He looked at her one last time then at the missile

"Johnny.."

"Don't even think about it!" Sue yelled

"Never do."

Johnny soon cleared and jumped over the balcony as Sue yelled at him not too. The girls ran to the edge watching him fall with soon the missile following him. Y/N was worried with all her heart.

"FLAME ON!"