Chapter 12: Johnny

-- JOHNNY'S POV --

Johnny stood out on the balcony of Reed's apartment looking down at everyone when he looked to the left and saw her. Y/N had the biggest smile on her face as she left the park, getting her hot chocolate and strolled along to her store.

"She looks beautiful..."

He silently whispered to himself just watching her from his distance wishing he was hers. Wishing he could run down and just kiss her saying how much he loved her. The minute Y/N stormed out of his room that day he regretted what he had said to her. Deep down he knew the only way to get his true feelings for her out was to write a letter to her. So, he did.

He waited all afternoon and night for her on the steps of her home so he could give it to her, but she never went home. He a little nervous, but knew if Y/N was out late she had a good reason for it. He got up from her porch around 1am slipping the letter through her mailbox then walked home.

Ben soon came home seeing Johnny on the balcony who was looking towards the way Y/N lived. He didn't ask anything, he just stayed quiet not taking his eyes away from the direction Y/N lived. Some how deep down he knew Ben was with Y/N and that she was now home safe and sound.

Thinking back to that early morning Johnny knew Ben was right as he thought back to what he told him last night...

"Look, we may not get along but this is my sister here. She loves you with all her heart. She may not want to admit it to herself, but she does and if you want to win her heart - You need to drop this protective playboy getup and show my sister you actually do care about her because this game is going to get old and you'll be all alone with no one."

As he was lost in his thoughts Sue walked outside looking down to see who or what Johnny was looking at and not to her surprise, she saw Y/N unlocking the doors to her store letting the little crowd that was outside inside her store.

"Go get her Johnny."

He jumped startled hearing Sue's voice

"Sue, I-I can't... I think I messed it up this time for good." He sighed "She wants something serious and all I said to her was 'Aren't we just having fun.' and she left."

Sue shook her head at her idiot brother

"She never stopped loving you, Johnny. Although you were too much of an idiot to see and notice it. She never stopped and I know you didn't either."

"I wrote her a letter..." he looked at Sue with sad eyes "Last night confessing my true feelings and apologizing, I doubt she read it." he shook his head

"She might give it to Brad so he could read it over."

"Course she's giving it to fucking Brad, her knight in fucking shining armor..." he rolled his eyes annoyingly

Sue looked at her brother confused as he looked away angry at the thought of Brad and Y/N

"Johnny, Brad's gay. Did you not know?"

Johnny went wide eyed and actually pieced together the puzzle remembering how Brad acted and spoke sometimes in high school. Which explained a lot...

"That explains everything..."

Sue shook her head again.

"You've wasted enough time without her Johnny, run down there and go get her before it's officially too late."

Sue walked away leaving Johnny on the balcony. He slumped over to the other end of the balcony where he had a clear view of Y/N's store. Johnny sighed silently fighting himself on the decision to go to her. He didn't.

🍁

For Johnny the day wasted away, he stayed in his room sleeping and just laying there. Sue tried to cheer him up by giving him permission to use his powers to light stuff on fire, but no luck.

His heart ached for Y/N... the sound of her laugh kept playing over and over, when he closed his eyes he saw her smile, her face - everything. The tears slowly fell down his face. He closed his eyes crossing his arms silently crying thinking back to the night she asked him to stay with her and just hold her...

The memory felt so real that a smile slowly formed as he turned on his side. Holding his hand out waiting for Y/N to hold it like she did. Instead his hand felt cold as he awoke seeing no one laying next to him..

Johnny groaned and finally got up from his bed getting dressed in jeans, sneakers, a hoodie and a baseball cap. He need to get some fresh air and just away for a moment. Johnny called a restaurant Reed had a take out menu for and ordered food for him to pick up. The second the call ended he left and headed out to the restaurant.

He walked into the restaurant and stood at the counter giving his name so he could pay and pick up his food when he heard a laugh that was music to his ears.

Johnny turned fast seeing Brad, Bobby, Y/N and a stranger. He quickly hid in the small crowd that walked in watching her from a distance. His heart raced anxiously, he realized she was on a date...

Totally caught off guard. The thought of Y/N, his girl being on a date with someone who wasn't him just pierced his heart. One of the waiters brought his food up and called his name. Johnny walked over not taking his eyes off of a happy Y/N, he handed the man his card and pointed at Y/N.

"See that girl in the green. I want to also pay for her meal. Her meal only."

He nodded pulling up the bill for Y/N's meal and added it to his total. Johnny grabbed his card from him after everything was paid for taking his food and leaving.

Within ten minutes he was back at the Baxter Building keeping his head down speed walking to the elevator and pressing Reed's floor.

Johnny stood in the elevator trying to catch his breath as he kept trying to shake the picture of Y/N with that guy out of his head. It never did..

🍁

He sat at in the kitchen at the table trying to eat the food he ordered but couldn't

He sat at in the kitchen at the table trying to eat the food he ordered but couldn't. His mind was just replaying what he had saw, Y/N happy and laughing with someone else...

He felt his heart break more, pushing the food aside he looked out the window watching the rain fall.

As the rain drops fell down the window all he could see again was her face, her smile, her eyes... He knew in that moment he just had to get his girl back, but even if she didn't want to be his after he called this thing between them a 'game' he needed his best friend..

-- Little Note --

Aw Johnny 😭