Chapter 9: Reed's Tests

Johnny got up early and dressed waiting for Y/N to arrive when he saw Ben in the hallway... He was still mad at him for making Y/N cry and upset, even though Y/N hadn't told him what Ben had said to her yet, but he didn't mind, he knew she needed time, but it didn't stop him from having a talk with a certain someone.

"Hey."

Ben turned to look at Johnny

"What do you want?

"I asked Y/N to come by to watch my tests get done and I don't know what you said to her, but you hurt her. Bad."

Ben looked down at his feet still feeling guilty for making his sister cry and regretted what he had said to her.

"I was with her after everything that day, I stayed the night holding her while she cried her eyes out and the next morning when she couldn't even put a smile on her face walking through Central Park."

Johnny stared at Ben angry as he was finally able to look Johnny back in the eyes

"She's coming here today and if I were you right now, I'd be working on a great apology."

He stormed off heading downstairs where Reed and Sue were leaving Ben to his thoughts

🍁

"Y/N! Nice of you to join us." Reed said as he walked over giving her a big hug as she stepped out of the elevator "Missed you kid" he smiled at her

"Missed you too Reed, how is everyone?"

"He's better, feels guilty over what happened between you two..." He knew she was only asking about Ben but didn't want to be so direct about it. "The rest of us are doing all right also, just trying to figure out what happened."

Y/N nodded and before she could say anything else Johnny ran to hug her, picking her up and spinning her around.

"Glad you're here" he smiled

"Well I did have the day off."

They both laughed softly and headed to over the heat chamber that Reed had built for Johnny's test.

"Y/N, come on upstairs with us" Sue said as she and Reed headed up the stairs to stand behind glass, basically a safe zone in case Johnny's test went south.

Y/N nodded and turned to Johnny

"Be careful please..."

"I'll do my best."

He gave her a soft smile watching her head up the stairs to join Reed and Sue. Inside he was nervous mostly because since his body is now fire on the inside, he was scared of accidentally burning Y/N. He'd never forgive himself for it.

"Ok Johnny go ahead"

Reed graded a clipboard as Johnny was inside the chamber lighting his whole body on fire

Reed graded a clipboard as Johnny was inside the chamber lighting his whole body on fire. Y/N stood there in shock over what she was seeing then looked down at the screens Sue and Reed were looking at.