Chapter 50- Poetic Genius

"I swear I didn't write that!" I defended myself early that morning in the principal's office

"I swear I didn't write that!" I defended myself early that morning in the principal's office. "Even if I did, I wouldn't be stupid enough to sign my name after talking smack about half of the senior class."

Obviously, I didn't get much sleep last night. Between the article being released and my phone blowing up, there wasn't a lot of room to fit sleep time into my schedule.

"But you're on the school paper, are you not?" He questioned me calmly.

"I am, but I only take pictures for the paper. I don't write anything, Principal Garcia. I'm a horrible writer, it's a miracle for me to be making a B+ in English right now."

The door burst open and in came Natalie with a notebook. It looked strangely like my notebook, the one I kept in the workroom for when we write drafts. I hardly ever used it though because I only take pictures.

"Principal Garcia, I'm so sorry to barge in like this but I wanted to show you proof that it couldn't have been Rowena that wrote that exposé. She's a really horrible writer."

"Exactly!" I assured. I didn't even care that she had insulted me in the process.

She stepped forward and opened the notebook to the one and only draft I had in there. I didn't even remember what it was. Natalie stuck it on the principal's desk and we waited for him to read it.

Principal Garcia fit his glasses on his nose and looked down at the notebook. "If I were a jellyfish in the sea, would you search all the jellyfish just to find me?" He recited from the page.

"Hey," I whined to Natalie. "That it literally my best work!"

"Babe, I know and I'm very proud of you for it, but now is so not the time," She whispered to me.

"Your best work, huh?" Principal Garcia scrunched his note at the writing. Clearly, he wasn't a fan of my poetic genius.

"It is clear by the state of her writing that she couldn't have written that exposé. I don't let Rowena write anything for the paper. Plus, she was with me all night when this paper was released. Whoever wrote and posted this paper had to have broken into the school last night to prepare it."

"Can your parents verify that you two were together last night?"

"Yes, you can call my mom. She was there last night. Adam, Cyrus, and Declan were there too you can ask them."

Principal Gomez rubbed the stubble on his chin while he thought. "Well, I guess I can agree Rowena couldn't have written it. However, we checked the school cameras already. Nobody came or went from this school after staff left for the day except for the janitors."

They avoided the cameras, I thought to myself. Everyone knows how to avoid the school cameras.

"Well ladies," Principal Garcia says, "there's nothing else you two can do for me right now. I'll look into this situation and I'll keep you guys close if I have any questions. Rowena, I'd keep your head down for the next couple of days. You let me know if there's anything you can't handle."