Chapter 28- Stick a Tampon in It

Brooke was being extra irritating as of recently

Brooke was being extra irritating as of recently. Within the past couple of days, it didn't take much energy from me to act unbothered with her petty jabs because that was how I felt.

But when she speaks to Natalie the way that she does it became harder for me to hold myself back. Natalie doesn't like conflict or confrontations, so I suspect she's a lucky ass bitch that she has me as a friend.

Which is why I've been there to shoo her away. Only today, Brooke decided to act bold, testing my patience yet again.

It was lunchtime when Declan and I were standing in line together. Natalie found us and the three of us got lost in conversation, grabbing our trays and picking out our food choices. Adam and Cyrus went through the opposite line and we all met at our usual table.

I saw Brooke walking from that direction and I prepared myself for whatever she was going to say. But she didn't say anything, just walked right past us with a small smile.

"That was really fucking unnatural of her," Declan said in suspicion.

"Yeah... maybe she's on another one of those juice cleanses of hers and the lack of normal food is throwing her off," Adam said as we set our trays down.

I wasn't convinced it was the lack of food that made her act weird. I looked around suddenly, trying to find anything out of place around the table.

And then I saw it. "Natalie wait-" but I spoke out too late as she sat down in her chair, directly on top of the open ketchup packet that was so strategically placed. She gasped and then stood up out of her seat, placing a hand behind her and bringing it back up with ketchup all over her fingers.

Brooke laughed as she appeared again at the side of our table. "Oh goodness Natalie, that's embarrassing. You should probably stick a tampon in it next time." She threw one down, landing right in the middle of our table as she laughed again, a few of her friends snickering along with her.

I looked around, grateful that this little incident didn't attract too much attention from around us. I saw Natalie pale at the embarrassment anyway. Then my eyes narrowed at Brooke.

"What?" She asked me and then made her voice very quiet as she spoke her next words. "That was your usual seat you know. Lucky for me, this was just as entertaining."

I was going to wipe that ugly smug smirk right off her face.

It only took me three steps to reach her before I threw my fist straight into her face. Her head whipped back as her hands flew to her nose. "Oh my god," She screeched. "I'm bleeding, you stupid bitch!"

"Aw," I looked back at the table for a second. "Here babe, I recommend you stick a tampon in it." I flicked it towards her and It bounced off her chest. I ignored her whining as her friends helped her gather some napkins.