Chapter 5- Skater Boy

WOOHOOOO! SURPRISE UPDATE !!
Happy International Women's Day :)

WOOHOOOO! SURPRISE UPDATE !! Happy International Women's Day :)

"But daaaad. Why can't I wait for Cyrus to come first? You know I don't like going to public places by myself."

"Rowena, we need the cream before they come for dinner. Now hurry your ass out the door." He had his hands full with raw chicken and spices.

"Isn't it like... bad for you to cuss in front of me or something?"

He gave me a pointed glare, which usually meant he was done with my shit. I put my hands up in defense, "Okay fine, I'll go get the cream."

"And clean your room when you get back, your mom will be judging us both on how we handle the house in her absence."

Mom was coming in for the weekend. She lived two hours away for a temporary job, but she'll come to stay with us most weekends and holidays. She likes to grill us about our cleaning habits.

In my defense, I was actually very good at cleaning my room. I was just also very good at throwing my clothes around and cluttering my desk in a short span of time.

I threw on a jacket, tied my shoelaces, and grumbled out the door.

It was a Saturday afternoon which meant the grocery store was a little more crowded than usual. Thank god I was only here for one thing. I went to the refrigerated section to get what I needed and made my quick escape.

I was walking out of the store when I heard some group of boys somewhere from the side of the building. They sounded like that group of boys who had fun doing stupid and unnecessary things, so I didn't even turn my head towards them.

"Ooh shit, sorry my bad, am I supposed to feel threatened right now?"

I stopped in my tracks. That daring voice was very familiar. I barely heard it, but I recognized it anyway. I shouldn't have turned around to look but I did. I knew exactly who I would find among that group of boys.

Declan was there like I had anticipated, only the three boys that surrounded him didn't seem friendly in the slightest. At least he wasn't by himself though, it looked like he had a friend with him.

"You knew exactly what you were doing when you fucking ran into me," said one of the boys I didn't recognize, getting into Declan's face, "Now pick them up and go buy me some more like the good little bitch that you are."

Declan just looked at the guy like he found something funny. "Or what? You're going to fight me over some eggs?"

I didn't realize I had hidden behind a van until a lady stopped beside me and stared at me with her keys in her hands. She just silently clicked a button and the van unlocked. I gave her a nervous laugh and went to find a different car to hide behind, tuning back into the conversation.