025. more than just a flicker

–YOU AND ME AT CHRISTMAS, an epilogue.

"fucken hell nai! this is gonna go so wrong!" stevie spoke quietly into her phone as she rushed through brighton airport

"fucken hell nai! this is gonna go so wrong!" stevie spoke quietly into her phone as she rushed through brighton airport. "i can feel it—like deep in my bones, this whole thing is fucked"

"well hello to you too" nai scoffed from the other end of the phone. "where are you?"

"at baggage claim!" she whined, checking the time. 11:46pm. just great.

"no way! was the flight really delayed that long?"

"mhm" she tapped her foot against the floor impatiently. "i'm fucked, wil can only keep him entertained for so long"

"just take a deep breath and chill for a bit, 'kay?—even if you don't get to surprise him at exactly 12 doesn't make your other surprises any less"

"i know i kno—oh! my bag!" she was quickly distracted by the bright blue suitcase slowly moving along in a sea of other bags and cases.

"good, now run, is james still picking you up?"

"no! the dumbass forgot and had a couple of beers—but aria offered to come instead"

"oh my god! she's so hot"

"why are you literally in your horny arc!—this isnt the time" stevie let out a soft chuckle, lugging her bag towards the sliding doors.

"whatever, you're so boring now you're whipped and shit"

"i'm not whipped"

"okay miss i just flew halfway across the world to surprise the love of my life for his birthday and then ditching her best friend to a completely foreign school so you can stay with him and his friends—" she breathed in, "need i go on?"

"no, you needn't" stevie just huffed playfully, looking around the parking bay and finally spotting aria. "i think i see her"

"you think?! don't get into another random car"

"you accidentally open the door to the wrong car once and suddenly you're branded for life!" she faked hurt. "but seriously; i see her waving—i gotta go"

"good luck babes, i can't wait to hear all about it"

"thanks bub, talk soon" as she wished her goodbyes to nailea and slid into the car with aria she glanced at the time again. 11:51, they could maybe—just maybe—make it in time.

stevie took a deep breath. everything she'd worked so hard for was finally coming too fruition. she took a few extra online classes and graduated early, which was a massive achievement on its own. but then to top it all off she worked her ass off on her college applications and got accepted into brighton university.