023. happy new year

–YOU AND ME AT CHRISTMAS.

stevie, tubbo and wilbur erupted into fits of laughter as tommy, aimsey, ranboo and bill aggressively played beer pong, or in their case, coke pong

"look at him! he's such a show off" wilbur giggled, pointing at tommy who was doing everything he could to psych out the two boys in front of him.

"well yeah, he's gotta impress his woman!" tubbo teased.

"true!" wilbur snickered.

stevie just shook her head, trying to hide the fact she was bright red, "shut up!"

"i will do nothing of the sort! it's not my fault he's publicly simping—that's just asking for it!"

"oh my god" she punched him in the arm, "do i have to sew your mouth shut?"

"i mean, he's just speaking facts" wilbur chimed in, "he's seemed so much—i dunno, lighter since you got back—or at least, since you two made up"

"whatever" she bit her lip, trying not to smile.

"you know what i noticed the same thing, all i know is i'm grateful for you stevie"

"fan behaviour" she poked out her tongue, causing him to nudge her in retaliation.

screams and cheers filled the room as tommy sunk the ball into bill and ranboo's last cup, turning to the side to chest bump aimsey—which ended in her almost being knocked to the floor.

all stevie could think about was how infectious the boys laugh was, she couldn't help but giggle along too.

"you! you get over here!" a sweaty tommy pointed to the brunette.

"no! you're sweaty" she held her hands up in defence.

"don't care! i deserve a hug after that performance!" he announced, running over to her and trapping her in a hug as she squealed.

it was gross, but he was cute when he was excited. "okay okay, congrats"

he bent down slightly to her level before giving her a peck on the lips, causing everyone in the small group to go crazy caught completely off guard.

"hello?" tubbo screeched. "i was joking but go off"

"shut up" they jinxed, before looking back at each other and laughing softly.

"okay gross, first serena and aimee and now this, disgusting" bill teased. "kiss me ranboo"

ranboo just squealed, running and hiding behind tubbo.

"you're TALLER THAN ME??"

"uh—okay rude?" he scoffed, pulling down his glasses to the tip of his nose to glare at the boy, as everyone snickered around them, oblivious to the fact tommy now had his arm around stevie.

"you're not very subtle" she whispered.

"oh come on, give me one night to show you off like you're mine" he pouted.

"hey i'm not complaining," she began, before burying her face in his shoulder, "and for future reference i am yours"

"good to know" he smiled, content once again.

the clock was about to strike midnight, and tommy and wilbur were now playing a very intense game of ping pong.

the rally was interrupted by a barely audible alarm going off on tommy's phone, as he abruptly stopped what he was doing and reassured everyone he'd be back in a bit, egging on stevie to take his place.

seconds later the conversation stopped as a loud technical squeak came from the dj booth being manned by ash.

"uh—hi" tommy's voice rung out throughout the speakers, "ash my beloved, id like to request a song"

"go ahead" ash snickered, slightly confused where he got the microphone and how he hooked it up to the speakers.

"there's a very special girl, playing ping pong very badly, and it's her last night in the uk tonight" he frowned, as the crowed awed. "so, i wanted to play something special for her, to show her how much i heart her"

"huh?" wilbur muttered as tommy turned around and whispered something to ash.

"shut up" she giggled, walking into the crowd to get closer to ash's booth.

"hit it ash—oh my god i've always wanted to say that—uh stevie this is for you!" he stumbled over his words, finally finding her in the crowd again.

the intro to mrs narcissistic began blasting through the speakers as stevie tried to keep herself from melting to the floor.

tommy jumped down and made his way across the dance floor to meet her.

"oh my god! i fucking love this song" she repeated her exact response from tubbo's christmas party.

"you know the royston club?" a smirk also tugged at tommy's lips, giving the same reply.

"yeah! my friend ollie has this weird niche obsession with underground british boy bands—"

"screw this—just dance with me" he grabbed her hands.

"you stole my line" she pouted, but obliged.

"i've gotta make up for last time somehow" he whispered.

"you already have" she smiled, as he extended his arm signalling for her to do a spin.

surrounded by the chaos of the party, stevie and tommy stood slow dancing in the middle of the room, softly mumbling the lyrics, just loud enough for the other to hear.

the count down began, causing stevie to lift her head from his shoulder and look slightly up into his eyes. she could see them flickering between hers and her lips, causing her to bite her lip and try not to smile.

"3" the room was filled with screaming—the new year closing in.

"2"

"1"

stevie happily cupped the boy in front of her's face, kissing him passionately as everybody around them cheered in complete and utter chaos. he melted at how impulsively she grabbed him, almost forgetting to kiss back—almost.

when they finally broke, he leaned his forehead on hers,

"happy new year, stevie"

"happy new year, tommy"

SOPH'S CORNER!
happy early new year for
most of y'all!! hope you all
have the most amazing year!!
xoxoxo <333