012. oh, does she now?

–YOU AND ME AT CHRISTMAS.

chaos filled the weissman home over the next few days

chaos filled the weissman home over the next few days. stevie's step-dad finally andrew arrived with her step-brother jesse their half-sister cassidy. but stevie quite liked the chaos, it kept her busy, and that was good considering she got bored easily. so if cleaning up shitty diapers and playing catch out in the freezing cold was what she had to do to keep entertained, she'd do it.

"so, are we gonna talk about your instagram post or are you gonna keep avoiding the topic?" jemimah cocked an eyebrow as the two sat in the living room watching their half-sister play with tinsel.

"i dunno, there's not much to say" she thought for a second. "pop convinced me to talk to him and we worked things out"

"that's good, i'm glad there's no awkward tension anymore" jem nodded with a proud smile on her face, knowing she'd informed her grandfather of the whole ordeal and enlisted his help. not only that but his help worked.

"there was not awkward tension!" she scoffed.

"oh come on! y'all were getting a little too obvious with those sad, angsty looks across the dinner table" she raised an eyebrow, causing stevie to turn bright red.

"shut up jem" she flopped back on the couch.

"fine, i actually have to go do some uni work now, or i'm fucked when i get back" she sighed, standing up at her sisters behest.

"no!—you suck" steph dragged out her words. "be fast for my sanity"

"of course, don't watch anymore miraculous without me" jemimah warned.

"gladly? it's turning my brain into mush" she furrowed her brows in disgust.

"don't say that! it's cass' favourite show" jem failed to mention it was also her guilty pleasure.

"she's one! she can't even tell what's going on!" steph let a small giggle slip.

"shush, i'm not listening" she plugged her ears, turning on her heel and walking upstairs to their bedroom.

stevie reached maximum level of boredom, and was now watching animal planet as she pushed around toy trucks to keep little cassie entertained. behind her stevie's mother fumbled loudly, looking for her keys as she hurried the girl's step-father andrew along.

so stevie jumped with excitement as a knock on the door echoed around the home.

"steph darling, can you get that?" pen called out.

"on it" she muttered, trekking to the front door to find tommy simons, and this time there was no suffocatingly awkward tension.

"hey" tommy immediately smiled as he came face to face with the girl. "i was gonna head to the vic centre to do some last minute christmas shopping and stuff—and i was wondering if you wanted to come?"

"sure!" the brunette's eyes widened. "—hey mum can i go to the vic centre with tom?"

"what? no, you have to watch cass!" she frantically continued to search for the car keys, whilst reminding her daughter of her commitments.

"your sister arrived?" tommy's eyes lit up. "can i meet her?"

she was so focused on winning the argument with her mother she almost didn't notice the excitement on tommy's face, making her heart skip a beat. "uh—sure"

"why don't you two just hangout here! then you can keep an eye on cass and jesse" her mother reasoned.

"but i haven't seen tom in seven years, we want to catch up" stevie whined.

"how many times have you used that excuse" she paused, turning around and cocking an eyebrow at the girl.

"fine! but uh—only if that's okay with you—you don't have to stay if you need to go shopping" stevie turned to tommy, to ask his approval.

"no worries at all—i really wanna meet little cass anyway" the softness in his voice made it difficult for stevie to focus on anything else. her mother noticed her flustered demeanour and chuckled.

"hey look the keys!" she pointed in between the couch cushions, shaking her head at her mother and finally saying her goodbyes to both her and andrew. "oh! cassies in here by the way"

tommy followed stevie into the living room to find the girls half-sister playing with little alphabet blocks.

"oh my god!" he fell to the floor holding his arms out, waving enthusiastically at her. "hi cassie!"

stevie gently picked her up, gesturing for tommy to steady himself so he could hold her.

"wh—what even?!—she's so little!" he giggled excitedly as she grabbed his finger with her small hand, turning to steph instantly to show her.

stevie's breathe hitched as she watched him carefully and sweetly interact with her baby sister. danny hated kids—but then again danny hated christmas, and peppermint hot chocolates, and sitting through her volleyball games—and basically just anything steph liked. she shook off those thoughts before they consumed her and left her feeling ill, turning back to the glowing boy beside her playing joyfully with cassie.

"she looks kinda like you" his eyes flickered between stevie and cass.

"oh, does she now?" she scrunched her nose, slightly nervous knowing he was examining her features so closely.

"yeah, i mean look at her eyes—you can just tell she'll grow up and have pretty stevie eyes" he rambled, unaware of how he had just slipped up.

the brunette shook her head, letting it hang slightly lower to hide her burning cheeks. "lucky her"

he chuckled softly at the comment, stealing small glimpses at her 'pretty stevie eyes'.

"let's watch more friends" she suggested, making his eyes light up ever so slightly.

"sure" he cocked his head cheekily. "as long as i get to hold cassie"

"fine" she dragged out the 'e' in fake annoyance.

"she's gonna like me more than you—i can already tell" he stated matter of a factly.

"yeah, okay, you keep telling yourself that" she snickered, letting out a soft sigh of content as he placed himself beside her on the lounge, giving her a soft nudge in the process.

SOPH'S CORNER!
i started succession yesterday
and now the theme song is just
on repeat in my head constantly.
also 6 days till christmas :')) !!!!