26

Martha and Diana,sat in Martha's living room watching TV after Abby had gone to bed

"So Diana have you made up your mind on what you are going to do"
Marty asked curiously chewing her nails

"About what"

"Going to The conference in Abuja"

"Ohh that! I haven't really thought about it"

"But you know you have to come up with a decision, Monday is just around the corner"

"I know Marty but I can't let that ruin my weekend,   my crazy boss is probably somewhere enjoying her weekend so why should I drown myself trying to figure work out on a weekend.
Abeg she can spring as many crazy invitations at me I don't have to bombard myself with that unending circle of madness. This is a weekend and am not going to spend it thinking about work"

"Have you spoken to Jimi about it"

"What has Jimi got to do with this"

"I mean he's your boyfriend and he got you The job"

"He did but I don't think I have to give him a daily report about my work life. It my business and I'm going to handle it myself"

"Okay.... but why are you acting so defensive. It's not a crime for him to know"

"I never said it was a crime , I just don't want him involved with my work, he did his part he got me the job now it's up to me to keep it"

"He really should be involved, I mean if you are thinking of quitting your job you should at least have a backup plan or something"

"Am not going to quit, I just haven't made a decision yet Marty. Your pressure is almost as worse as my boss" she scoffs

"Am just being realistic,you are not taking this serious and It's not exactly debatable in my own opinion. If your boss says you are going somewhere to represent the company you are going there's no two way about it. I don't understand why you are fighting it"

"I feel she's intentionally trying to frustrate me, am I just suppose to just let her boss me around"

"Yeah that's why she's the boss, take the sentiment out of it , exclude the fact that she's pretty young and arrogant. She is your boss, so unless you have a pretty good offer laid back somewhere I suggest you take this seriously. You know how long it took you to get a good job. Don't mess with it Didi"
Marty speaks frankly

"I'll figure something out, but honestly I can not give in to that śpoilt pompous annoying overly entitled sophisticated lady. Am sure she is doing this just to push me to my limits ,her ways are really twisted, atimes if you don't bark back it makes you look like a fool"

"I know, I mean from all have heard she's The crazy kind but what are you going to do she's The boss and she gives the order, at the moment you don't have much of a choice"

"I know but there's no way I can just leave Abby for a week, I mean it was different when I was around my mom now it's a total different situation"

"Wait! Are you trying to say Abby cannot stay with me......is that the point"

"What are you saying Marty "Diana giggles
" of course not that's far from the point"

"Then what's the point, because the way I see it you are just coming up with excuses to cover your real problem. Do you think I cannot look after Abby for a week"

"Gosh No! You are getting this wrong, you are Abby's Godmother why Will I not trust you, there's no one else I'd rather abby stay with. "

"Then why are you giving The excuse that you don't want to live her alone,am I a stranger. Am I completely clueless about taking care of a child"