14

Jimi could not continue to ignore his Mom, he had to face the inevitable.

It's not like she was going to back down anytime soon for as long as she didn't hear from him She was going to keep trying

But their difference in point of view is what made jimi leave the house in the first place,it sickening to know that even at this age his mom wants to dictate how he is suppose to live his life.

Over the years it didn't really matter , because she was always going to be the overly concerned mother who tries to control her son's life

But now it's so excessive, Jimi can no longer pretend to play along....... But then whatever the situation maybe, she is still his mother and the best one at that

So he went to the house to see her,he made sure he got there early before she leaves for the store.

She was having breakfast when he arrived he joined her at the dinning and peeked her cheeks

"Ohh Jimi my darling,is so good to see you..how have you been...you look well but a little lean.i hope you have been eating well"

"Am feeling great.thanks mom"

"Oh okay, would you like to join me for breakfast....No you are joining me for breakfast...... Kike pls bring teacup and a plate for Jimi......." She instructed our maid

"Am really not hungry mom"

"Well then just drink tea with me. It's been awhile" I shook my head
"Have been really worried Jimi. Even if you wanted to leave the house for a while why didn't you inform us of your whereabout"

"I didn't want you to know about my whereabout mom . That's The whole point"

"Folajimi are you really just trying to increase my blood pressure and give me sleepless nights"

"Well as you can see am doing fine. You don't have to worry, am not a kid anymore.i haven't been one for so many years I just wish you would start seeing me like the grown up that I am"

"You know I don't question your maturity but I don't think I have ever seen it somewhere that tossing your family during tough time is a good idea"

"Mommy is really not that big of a deal. I moved out of the house because it was about time"

"It's not just about you moving out, I know you left this out so you can have the freedom to waste your time with those riff raffs that you mingle with. "

"Then you have to believe me when I say am on my best behavior, you are not going to see me in the tabloids or news causing any trouble....so pls let's just move pass that"

"It like you don't know what is at stake here. The future of this family is on you folajimi, you are the only one that would continue this family legacy and the rate you are going. You'll be doing alot of damage than good that's why am so bothered about who you mess with. I don't want you to end up getting some slum girl pregnant and end up destroying your future. You need a reputable family to conjoin with any thing with vagina won't suffice,you need to do better .... make sure you are dealing with someone with a good background "

"Like Nancy Okon"

"I am not pinning you to her but am not going to deny she's the best you've ever had"

"This talk is getting cold and everything we warm it up it taste worse than before
Am not going to live my life on your terms,if am going to get married it is going to be who I want to spend the rest of my life with"

"I don't dispute that obviously we are not in the century where parents decide for their children but as your mother it is my duty to guide you"

"I've gotten enough guidance as it is, pls focus on simisola for a change.let me live my life and if I trip don't worry I'll bounce back up ..am old enough"