33

Italics is flashback.

Also... *takes a mic to announce*

COMMENT MORE!! I WANNA KNOW YOUR REACTIONS!!

__________________________________________

"Who is the third person Jungkook?"

That's the first question Jimin asked as soon as he and Jungkook were alone.

They returned around an hour ago, and the first thing they did was have dinner together, talking happily like a big family, like nothing happened. Nobody talked about Jieun, or her father, or Jonghin or anything like that. They all were in a happy mood, and none of them wanted to spoil it.

It was only now, when Jimin and Jungkook were alone in the bed room, that Jimin decided to question Jungkook about the third person involved in Jieun's plan.

Jungkook paled hearing the question. "Wh-Who else... she was talking about Jonghin-"

Jimin scoffed, sitting beside his boyfriend on the bed, "You are lieing kookie..."

Jungkook sighed and hung his head low, cupping it with both his hands, while Jimin slowly moved closer to him, hugging his bicep.

"I already knew that Jieun lied to me about being Kanghoon's father, but I thought that may be, the real father refused to accept them, that is why she tried to blame everything on me..."
Jungkook said, looking at a distance, remembering everything. "It was only after the failure of many of my cases involving Lee Jonghin, throughout the 8 years, that I started doubting her. I could solve any other case quite easily, but every time I tried to catch Lee Jonghin red handed, he used to get to know about my plans beforehand. That is when I realised that she is the one involved with Lee Jonghin and his gang. So I thought of using this to my benefit. I started giving her wrong information intentionally. I thought this would mislead Jonghin, and help me catch him..."

"How many times did you try and fail before realising that Jieun is connected to him?" Jimin asked, giving Jungkook his complete attention.

"It's not that easy to catch such a powerful mafia gang... It takes years to get to know about their headquarters, their hideouts, and regular locations for meetings... so in those 8 years, I gave about 4 to 5 attempts, which failed terribly..." Jungkook said sighing.

"Oh..." Jimin mumbled, looking down. "So when you tried to misguide them using Jieun, did that work??" Jimin asked hopefully looking at his boyfriend.

Jungkook just sighed again and shook his head, "No... nothing changed... they still got the information about my plans..." he then turned towards Jimin, "that is when... I started doubting the officers working with me in the police station. I started doubting Namjoon hyung, Seojoon hyung, even other officers, but even after excluding them from my team, the information still reached Jonghin..."

"But how-"

"I started looking for some device stuck to my clothes or something... I got my complete body scanned... I thought they must have inserted some chip or something inside me, but... there was nothing..." Jungkook said, his voice wavering, his eyes tearing up.

Jungkook finally looked up at Jimin and the sight broke Jimin's heart. Jungkook looked so broken, so hurt, so betrayed.

"I-I... I doubted everyone J-Jiminie... I even d-doubted myself.... because I t-trusted this one person more than a-anyone in this whole d-damn world... "Jungkook's voice broke and he sniffed wiping his tears, and then chuckled sadly, " A-And... and h-he was the one w-who betrayed me... in the worst w-way possible..."