Special Chapter

Hello. It's been a long time. This is the special chapter of this story. I apologize that the writing style is now different (hoping, in a good way). Enjoy reading! 

Happy birthday, Ayden!

Special Chapter

Some people say love at first sight isn't real. Some prove it's true. Others say it's all fake because what captures the heart is the soul, not the beauty. Well, I don't know what happened to me.. Maybe it was love at first sight, or maybe it wasn't. 

Maybe I was too young to find out. I didn't know what love is when I met the girl in the picture I am looking at. I never experienced love between my parents, I wasn't with a family.. How would I know? 

The only reason why I know what love is now is her. So, was it love at first sight? 

"Why are you staring at that?" 

A soothing voice echoed inside the hotel room. I heard her footsteps with her pointed heels as she walk towards me. Nang bumaling ako sa kaniya ay agad akong napangiti. Anastasia looked wonderful on her black dress with her long straight hair down. Pula ang kaniyang labi at mahaba ang pilikmata na siyang umagaw ng atensiyon ko kaysa sagutin ang tanong niya. 

"Can I have a kiss?" I requested. 

She didn't hesitate to give me what I wanted. Hinapit ko ang kaniyang baywang upang hulihin ang labi. She was smiling when her eyes went back to the picture frame. This photo has a copy in my office, in our salas back home, and in our room. I specifically printed one to bring here in our hotel. 

"You still remember that?" I asked. "Christmas slash costume party?" 

She giggled. "Yeah, hotdog." 

"Don't tease me. I did that for you." 

Gumapang ang kaniyang dalawang kamay sa aking batok upang palapitin ako. She has her naughty smile on, seeming like she's going to continue teasing me. 

"Bata ka pa lang, simp ka na." 

I denied immediately. "I wasn't. I'm just being a good friend, that's all." 

"A good friend who keeps on climbing our walls to enter my room through the window. That's a good friend to you?" 

Tumango-tango ako. "That's a very good friend to me." 

"I think you'd be a very good thief?" 

She chuckled and looked at the photo again. We were little kids when Nanay Josephine took this picture using kuya's phone. I wanted to wear a superhero costume, but she wanted to be a sandwich. I wore a hotdog costume so she wouldn't feel left out. 

"Ano pang nanakawin ko? I have it all.." I said. "Hindi naman na kita kailangang agawin sa iba, hindi ba? Akin ka naman simula pa lang." 

Muli niya ako hinarap. I claimed her lips for the second time. Kumunot ang noo ko nang makarinig ng tumatawag sa amin mula sa kabilang kuwarto. 

"Excuse me! I need help here!" 

Asia laughed a little and tried to get away from me. Hindi ko siya hinayaang umalis at puntahan ang tumawag. Tinampal niya pa ang kamay ko upang bumitiw. 

"Get off. Isaac is calling me." 

"He's a big boy. He can handle that alone." may kalakasan kong sabi. 

"I can hear you, papa!" he shouted. "Give me my mom!" 

"See?" 

Asia pushed me before going to Isaac's room. Bumusangot ako at sumunod patungo ro'n. I opened the door for her just to see our son struggling to wear his tie. Bumuntong-hininga ako at pumasok sa loob.