53. Keya

Tyler and I's set up these days is finally growing on me. Eversince my my family left for Edinburgh and Tyler's mom left for Ontario almost a month ago. Both of us have been having the kind of set up where he takes care of my son the whole day while I'm at work, then I pick Sky up right after the day.

Basically, Sky's weekdays is with him while weekends are for me. However in the past few weeks since Tyler surprised visit us in the apartment, weekends turned out as quality time for the three of us.

Tyler happens to stay at my place during the past few weeks now, and sometimes sleeps for the night if I get home from work late.

Life is pretty good now if I must say. And its scary to think that I am starting to get used to having Tyler by our side every second of everyday. And if I must say, he never fails to surprise me everyday. He have changed, indeed! And I am also afraid to admit that I am fully convinced that I am still into him...

I kinda feel sad. Because I felt like Tyler just want to be there for me because he doesn't have any choice because we have a kid together. I don't want to confuse his feelings because of it. I like him a lot, but I don't want to force someone to be with me if he's clearly not that into me...

Currently, it's Friday and I'm off at work early. Sky is still napping on the bedroom while Tyler and I decided to come chill at the living room watching a movie he was watching right before I arrived home.

"What are your plans tomorrow Key?" He suddenly voiced out still gluing his gaze on the tv screen.

"Oh you know, the usual." I replied.

"Good! So you're free."

I chuckled. "Since when did my weekends became free Seguin? I'm going to edit my dissertation tomorrow, so basically I am not. Why did you ask by the way?"

"I'm planning to take you on a date."

His words caused me to release a laugh. "A date?"

He nodded looking at me with his serious face.

"And why would I even want to go on a date with you?" I asked still chuckling.

"Because you're my baby-mama, and we need some quality time together." He replied which made me to snort, quality time? Really? Does this guy even know what the hell is going on with his head right now?

But in all fairness, I want to say yes. I really do. But I don't want to be put on the spot, and besides I don't want this date to make myself confused. I'm weak, I easily give in especially to Tyler and I definitely don't want to fall on his pit again without him catching me.

He didn't elaborated that much as to why he wants to take me on a date. He wants to take me on a date because we need a quality time together and that because I am the mother of his child, that reason won't let me give in.

I need some more answers and reassurance from him. In fact, I want him to be clear enough with what does he want from me. So as of now that everything is still vague and that he still fails to tell me specifically what these whole thing is, I won't. I need to follow my brain now instead of relying too much on my feelings from now on.

I have learned my lesson. No space for screwing up this time.

"No Seguin, I'm good." I finally answered.

"One date." He insisted but my decision is way too firm.

"No." I said smiling and stood up to go check my phone that I charged on the other corner of the living room.

I heard him sigh. "Okay, I won't force you. But it doesn't mean I won't ask you again."

I just answered him with a shrug as I opened my phone to read the messages coming from my friends and I's group chat.

  Jessy: don't forget our early dinner w/ the squad! See u.

  Lily: please bring Sky w/ u this time Keya. I haven't seem him in a while.

  Me: sure thing!

  Amanda: r u going to bring your baby-daddy w/ u?

  Me: absolutely not.

  Jessy: u should invite him.

  Me: this is a girls night only + Sky. So no. And even if not, still no.

Ever since my friends knew that Tyler and I are already in good terms all of them wants to formally meet him and hangout with him, but I always say no.

"I'm going out with the girls tonight." I  informed Tyler.

"Yeah?"

"I'm bringing Sky with me." I said. "You should get home and rest, you're taking good care of Sky the whole day."

"No. I'm fine." He answered. "You want me to drive you two?"

"Lily's going to pick us up, so we're good."

He nodded. "Any chance that you'll let me come along?"

I smirked. "Girls night plus Sky only, so no."

He nodded again, I felt guilty especially when I see his disappointed expression. I want him to come along or even just cancel the dinner with girls so that I can stay here in the apartment with him, but I won't.

"Guess I'll probably leave now." Tyler then announced few minutes later. "Will you be fine?"

"Of course." I said nodding.

He grabbed his jacket that was seating on the other couch and went to me.

"Call me when you need anything." He says and kissed me on my cheeks right before heading out.