44. Keya

The surprise on Tyler's face is indescribable, but the same time the confusion. He is indeed unable to process everything that I have said, well, it is kind of my fault too since I also panicked and have been very nervous about confessing the lies I did.

"He is alive? How come he-- you told me-- I am so confused." Tyler said.

"I am sorry I lied to you." I sighed. "I was just afraid that you'll take him away from me once I let you meet him."

"What? And why would you think that I will do that?"

"Because I don't trust you." I fessed up not even thinking on what the consequences would be and not considering Tyler's feelings at all.

However, despite of what I have said he just managed to nod which really surprises me. I expected him to react in rage, say further words that will surely hurt my feelings but no. He just sighed and deal with all of these calmly, like, this is not the Tyler I knew three years ago.

"I don't blame you, and I totally understand." He started looking down on his knees. "I hurt you big time before and I totally deserve it. Although I am not gonna lie I'm a bit disappointed that you don't want to let me meet my son."

"I know, I am so sorry." I apologized again feeling the guilt crawl into my bones once more. "I was selfish."

"What made you change your mind?"

"Obviously your mom." I said snorting. "But I was thinking about it for so long, it's just that I always get scared thinking about what might happen once I let you guys meet. And I was so angry at you that the first time I saw you after three years the only thing that was in my head was revenge."

He nodded and was silent still looking at his knees. I am sensing a massive regret coming from his face but it is the right time to let everything out, I guess this is also the right time to say those words that weren't said.

"My life was a great mess right before you and our son came in, and I thought it became even messier. But I was wrong, it happened because it is the key to make me a better version of myself and I didn't realized that not until you left." Tyler said and looked at me with his watery eyes. "I regret everything that I did, and you were right I don't deserve to be a father because of what I did."

Tyler reaches to hold both of my hands. "But I promise you Keya that I have done everything that I needed to do to fix myself to be worthy of my son! I want another chance Keya, let me prove it to you and our son."

I didn't felt any doubt by now, yes, I may have still don't trust Tyler but I don't want to be selfish and feel guilty anymore. I want what is best for my son, Sky deserves to know who his father is and whatever happens next, we'll go from there.

I nodded. "Okay."

I thought dinner with Tyler and his mom will be chaotic, considering the fact that I lied about Sky. But no, it didn't. It wasn't that good and fun but it was not bad either. The whole dinner was just Tyler's mom telling me how he spends every summer and off-season in Scotland to come find me in the last two years. He also told me that months after I left, he went to several therapies.

It really surprises me to know all of that and I also appreciated it that somehow after all the negative things that he did, he wants to be a father so bad at the end of the day.

After eating dinner, I offered to wash the dishes but Jackie insisted that she'll just do it herself later and just let ourselves enjoy drinking wine at the living room and chill for a bit. She demands to talk about Sky, how my labor went and just basically all the things they missed about my son and I's life back in Scotland right before I came back in here. Plus the whole silly incident that happened earlier which brought us to now.