29. Keya

Three years later...

It's New Year's Eve, and I only have three more days left to spend here with Sky right before I fly back to Texas to continue my last semester in graduate school.

Time flies so fast to be honest!

Look at my son now, he grew up as a little happy boy. Enjoying his little life together with his Uncle Kam, Aunt Kelsey and grandmother. Everyday, he never let me feel any regret that I chose to keep him. And I thank god everyday that despite of all the negativities and stress that I have had during my pregnancy I brought a healthy little baby in this world and he became my ever massive inspiration to be better and to be strong.

I'm going to miss him so bad for sure once I leave to spend the next six months overseas and away from him.
Kam is currently on the Uncle duties right now while the rest of us are busy preparing for dinner. We're having an early dinner tonight since the family is planning to go welcome the new year in the city later.

"Really Kam? You're with a three year old boy and you're watching a bloody ice hockey game replay? You should watch cartoons!" I overheard Kelsey and I couldn't help but freak out.

"Who's watching a hockey game?" I inserted. "You better go change the channel right this second."

"Why do you have to be so-- what's up with you and hockey Keya? Honestly, I see that you've been hating on that sport for too long now though." Kam complained as he shuffles the tv channels.

"Just bloody change the channel." I responded ignoring my brother's question and continued on cooking the chicken I have prepared.

"Yeah, Keya. I seriously have noticed that in the past three years." Kelsey agreed. "Is the game have something to do with Sky's father?"

"Absolutely not." I said trying real hard not to stutter because the truth is, it does. "Why would you even think about that?"

"I just noticed that eversince you gave birth. Honestly, you're completely lying right now."

"And how did you know that?" I challenged.

"Because you're my sister and I definitely know that you're bad at lying." She said but I only raised my eyebrows to still challenge her and to give her the message that she is wrong, but I only heard her giggle. "Well, you talk less when you're lying and you avoid eye-contact!"

"Urgh!" I groaned.

"So, big sister! Let me ask you again. Is Sky's father happen to be a hockey player? Or has something to do with the said game?"

"Are you being a detective right now Kelsey?" My mom asks as she snorts listening to the both of us.

"Just curious mom." My little sister answered. "But I guess I am."

To be honest, the reason why I don't want my son to watch hockey or even letting my family to watch because there might be an off-chance that they'll see Tyler or I'll see Tyler.

My son grew up to be such a huge carbon copy of Tyler. Everything about my son's physical appearance is a mini-Tyler and I am afraid that the love in ice hockey might come naturally out of him. I mean, I know I am being ridiculous but I can't help but overthink sometimes.

And it is better this way, it's better if no one in my family will know who Sky's father is or even Sky himself. Or maybe, as of now I don't want them to know who the father is, at least not for now.

If time will come that Tyler suddenly appears on my door demanding to see Sky then maybe I will let him meet our son. However, part of me doesn't want to have hope that one day he'll appear. Because come on, it's been three years if he really wants to meet his kid then he have probably done something to meet him. But no, he didn't do anything so I guess he is not interested at all.