36. Keya

I lied.

And I thought I will feel guilty about it, but someway somehow I actually felt a bit relieved. After lying in Tyler's face the other night that our son died, he was just there crying, apologized and then decided to leave.

I don't know if he was genuinely hurt or was just thankful that he doesn't have any obligations with me anymore.

If I was the old Keya who has a soft spot for him I would have felt hurt, but Tyler doesn't have anything to do with me and Sky's life anymore so it is absolutely good. Great even!

"You good?" Amanda asked as the both of us walk inside the arena heading at the executive lounge for the All-Stars skills game day.

I was suppose to leave today since Amanda wouldn't be needing me that much anymore, honestly, it is frustrating! Few days ago, she's been bloody forcing me to come and help her but now she just realized that she was fine so I am good to go.

Seriously, I even suspected that she did it for me to see Tyler but it was just me thinking about that silly idea. Right now, she wanted me to watch the event right before I leave tonight.

"Absolutely not." I replied fidgeting. "I'm good watching at the stands Amanda, I don't have to watch and mingle with people in here. Honestly, I don't want to seat here." I complained.

I'm no hockey fan, I have no friends around and if I chose to seat on one of the seats here in the executive suites or whatever I'll surely look stupid out here.

"Just try mingling with people."

"And what? Look stupid?" I answered. "Everyone out here will surely talk about hockey, and I bloody cannot relate. I'll just look stupid for sure!" 

"Alright, if you don't want to then I won't force you. But promise me that you won't leave the arena without me, okay?" Amanda said.

I nodded. "Noted."

"Good. Now I have to go and work. Have fun hun!" She said and hugged me slightly right before walking down to the hall heading to the side of the rink where she can film and somehow interview the players.

I then walked my way out and decided to go grab some coffee on one of the coffee shops inside the arena instead, and just maybe relax there until I feel bored. I seriously don't have any interest in feeling awkward at the lounge where I have a pass on. If I'll get interested on watching, I'll just maybe watch at the stands.

As I was walking away fr the lounge somebody from the back called me up and as I look back, it was Jamie waving at me.

"Hi Keya!" He greeted. I didn't get the chance to wave back instantly since I saw Tyler tailing him, and he is looking intently at me.

As Jamie made his way to greet and gave me a quick hug, I silently thank god that Tyler was tied up with other people so he can't come close to me, however his green eyes are still glued to me which sends me to feel very uncomfortable.

"Hey." I said to Jamie as I break an eye contact with Tyler and gave Jamie a quick hug back. I couldn't help but feel embarrassed since there are few people out here looking at us, others are also taking some photos. "Looking good!"

Instead of answering he just pose like a model in front of me as a joke. "Where are you heading at?"

"Gotta go grab some coffee."

"You watching the event?"

I sighed. "I don't know, I'm totally not into it. But guess I will."