13. Tyler

As what I have told myself before, I’m going to be responsible to Keya’s child. Even though this whole thing was messed up, she’s carrying my kid, my flesh and blood. The baby might be a product of my irresponsibility, but it is still mine.

Letting Keya live in my own roof was totally unplanned, however, I am not stupid enough. I have already felt way to concern about her living situation in her old apartment before let alone let her live somewhere else after a tornado hit that place.

She’s now living at the back of my house, specifically at the staff’s quarter. She’s safe in there. No one will think that she is some random girl that carries my child, if people will see her going out of my house they’ll only think she’s only my staff or even if I have friends over they won’t know that she’s living in my house.

It is better if no one knows or anything. I was stupid enough to let my friends on the team know but I can’t change what has happened now.

After she gives birth, I will let her sign some agreements providing the terms of our arrangements for the child.

I am currently ordering the towing guys on where to put Keya’s stuff inside my house. I am a bit anxious especially when they saw Keya coming out and started to move few things into her room.

“Was your sister got affected from the tornado few days ago?” One of the towing guys asked as they carry the last box inside my living room.

I nodded immediately. Great! It’s the exact opposite of what I suspected that they have been thinking. Well then let’s go with that, my sister. I gave them some tip right before they head out and started to lift some heavy boxes straight to Keya’s room.
As I entered her room, she’s wiping her sweat using her hand as she tries to arrange the boxes on her room.

“Leave all the works on me, you’re not supposed to exhaust and carry heavy boxes yourself.” I warned her.

Pregnancy is delicate and I have a gut feeling that her pregnancy needs further rest as much as possible especially after the doctor said about her bleeding when I rushed her to the hospital few weeks ago.

“No, it’s fine. These boxes aren’t heavy anyway.” She disagreed. “Besides, it is way too embarrassing if I let you to do all the arrangements in here anyway.”

“But the doctor said yo—“

“I know that.” She cuts me off right away which somehow surprises me. “But let me just help, I promise I will leave the carrying of heavy stuffs on you. I can’t just let you do all the works anyway, you are kind enough to let me live here so I might as well do my part.”

“Well, you and the baby are my responsibility.” I honestly said. “It’s the least I can do.”

“Thank you.” She said again smiling as she stares straight to my eyes. I couldn’t help but stare on her too. She got this piercing ebony eyes that somehow makes me feel like I am staring on a galaxy. Her rosy cheek and pinkish lips invites me in like I am naturally hypnotized there’s no wonder why I hooked up with her.
Jezz! I was too drunk to remember all the details about the night we hooked up though.

I easily fall under the trap of good looking girls which is sad, but it takes me a lot of time to realize that I want to chase a girl and be mine or not. Elise and I’s relationship started on a hook up, well, not just hers but majority of my relationships are. I am a man who really has no hard time on winning girls affection to be honest, not to sound way too cocky, but guess I am indeed an attractive man after all.

“Tyler?” Keya called which snapped me right back to reality. Shit! I was staring at her for way too long. “Your phone’s ringing.”

And after she said that I just realized how things just went awkward. I instantly fished my phone out of my pocket as I looked away on Keya.

Elise’s name is currently appearing on my phone screen, as I swipe the screen to answer the phone Keya started to hustle again arranging her things as I exited her room.
Right before I can talk, Elise’s horrified voice took over.

I started to panic right away.

“Tyler! Where are you? I need you please.” Based on her voice, she's been crying.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Can you come pick me up?" She begged.

“You’re in town?” I said in surprised and panicked voice. “Where you at? I'm coming. Don't end the call.”

And in just milliseconds, I drove my car ready to rescue Elise in wherever she's at.

Fuck! I'm way too nervous right now to think straight about what's currently going on. If I found out that her new fiancé's hitting her I will surely kill him!