30. Keya

My friends Amanda and Jessy were very dear to come pick me up at the airport. When I see them at the waiting area, I immediately dropped all my bags and run to hug the both of them.

We're all shrieking like teenagers as we all run towards each other. Oh gosh! I miss these girls so bad!

"We missed you so much English girl!" Jessy said hugging me real tight.

"It's so nice to have you back! How are you?" Amanda says as the three of us releases the hug and slowly picking my stuffs to head to the car.

"Oh never been better! Though I'm not gonna lie motherhood is quite tough." I replied. "I miss you all too girls!"

"I swear Keya you don't look like you're a mother yourself, honestly." Jessy commented looking at me from head to toe. "I mean look at you! You look even better than before."

"Oh, thanks hun!" I responded.

We started walking to go head to the parking lot, the girls have prepared a little welcome party for me at the apartment as what Lily have texted me right before I flew in here.

"Where are the others?" I ask them as we reach the parking lot and loaded my stuffs on the back of the car.

"They are already waiting at your apartment." Amanda answered.

"I swear you'll gonna love it." Jessy added. "It's totally a nice move for you to ask Lily about looking for an apartment for you because she nailed it!"

I chuckled. Right before I came back here in Dallas I made some future arrangements already through the help of my friends. I ask Lily to look for an apartment for me near the university. I need a new better place to stay since my family might visit me anytime soon so a place of my own is really necessary.

In the last three years I have worked different jobs in Edinburgh for me to save up some money to sustain my needs and to prepare for further financial necessities when I come back here. As of now, I'm on a right place in starting another new chapter of my life here in Dallas.

An hour ride from the airport down to the apartment is quite long for me but I missed my friends so bad. Even if we constantly talk on the phone, I still couldn't pass up a good conversation about what's going on with their lives in the past three years of being away from each other.

Jessy and Lily are still both working as an instructor in the university and currently taking their doctorate degree. Amanda on the otherhand quit her job at the university and have secured a job at a small TV Station in the city as a sports news anchor which is really amazing.

I would definitely say that there are lots of changes happened in our lives in the past three years-- including my life. I have gained so much changes when I became a mother myself. 

My girls then guided me to my apartment and just right after we opened the door series of confetti pops welcoming my arrival.

"Welcome back biatch!" My friend Lily screams and I couldn't help but laugh my ass out.

"Oh my god!" I screamed hugging her. "I missed you so much!"

Among all my friends Lily is the one who was right there with me, she witnessed everything and seeing her now makes me want to cry she helped me a lot three years ago. I'm really glad that I am reunited with my girls. The four of us hurdled in a circle as Lily handing champagnes for a toss.

"To the four of us finally reuniting after three years!" Lily announced.

"And to Keya for her new life and new apartment!" Jessy added. Then we all tossed our glasses shouting our lungs.

"We should hit the bar later, shall we girls?" Jessy suggested but I only smiled shaking my head and just that simple gesture my friends laugh because they for sure have already anticipated my answer, which is no.

"Oh come on!" Lily said in frustration looking at me.

"All of you know what happened the last time we went on the bar, right?" I explained as I sat on the couch sipping my champagne. "And besides, I just got from a long flight I need to rest huns."

"To be honest, I don't care if we'll stay here all night and talk. I really miss your voice Keya, especially your accent." Amanda said sitting next to me.

"Thank you Amanda!" I replied clinging our glasses together.

I released a sigh looking at my girls. "Gosh! I missed you all so much. How are you gals?"

"No. How are you?" Lily asks me back. "When will we meet Sky in person?"

"Oh yeah, about that." I replied right away with the mention of my son's name. "You'll meet him this March. We decided that he'll celebrate his birthday here in Dallas since I can't go home."

Jessy squeaks in excitement. "My goodness! Please let me organize a kids party for him. I swear, I'll pay for it. Consider it as my gift. He's turning three already, right?"

I nodded completely feeling a huge bliss. Yup! My son is turning three. He's growing up so fast, I'm not mentally prepared for it.

"Oh! He's growing up so fast. I can't keep up." I announced. "I love my baby so much."

"I'm so jealous." Lily said. "Andre and I have been married for two years now but he still doesn't want me to get pregnant yet."

"Why?" Jessy asks.

"He's planning about us travelling in the next year, so if I'll get pregnant we won't be able to do that." Lily answers.

"Maybe after you're done travelling." Amanda said.

Lily nods. "Yeah, that's also my plan. By the way Keya, does Tyler knew you're back? I actually bumped into him the other day and he's been asking about your address."

"He also tried to talk to me at the station last month when they went there to film a segment, asking for your number." Amanda supplied. "You've been turning him down all these years don't you? You still don't think he deserves to meet Sky?"

"First of all, I want to thank you girls for keeping any informations about me from him." I answered, because in the past three years Lily and Amanda have been telling me that Tyler wants to know how have I been doing but I specifically told him not to tell him anything about me especially about my son. The two of them have been bumping into Tyler as often as it is, our worlds are getting so close to be honest. "As of now, I am not ready to see him yet."

"But what about Sky?" Jessy asks. "He's already three. For sure, he is already slightly curious about his Dad."

I sighed remembering what Sky told me right before I went into my flight to go back here.

"He already is." I confessed, part of me doesn't want to let my son meet Tyler but at the same time it is completely selfish! My son deserves to know who his father is and its up to him on whether he'll accept him or not. "And I'm so confused right now. I don't trust Tyler!"

"I understand your trauma Keya, but this is not about you anymore." Lily advises.

"I know."

"But well, el que sera, sera." Amanda inserted. "What will be, will be."

"Amanda is right. If the universe wants Sky to meet his father then their paths will definitely cross." Jessy agreed. "But it is still your decision Keya."