21. Tyler

When I arrived back in Dallas heading home after a three day road trip, I made a quick stop at the supermarket first to buy some healthy and nutritious food for Keya since I am kind of worried that she’s maybe eating an instant foods and gummy worms which are absolutely not good for the baby.

Yup! You’re right I’m starting to make up things with her.

Few moments later, I found myself walking towards Keya’s room. It’s Saturday evening, for sure she’s home. I knocked on her door twice. After hearing few commotions inside the door swing open and a Keya wearing an eyeglasses with a messy bun opened the door.

“Seguin!” She exclaimed removing her glasses.

She completely looked so surprise, well of course, I haven’t told her I am coming.

“Can I come in?”

“Sure.” She said and opened the door for me. I’m even surprise that the place is well-cleaned up unlike the last time that I was here. I saw a bunch of books are placed neatly on the boxes on the corner that I haven’t noticed before, I feel like the numerous amount of unarranged books I have seen here the first time just doubled.

“You owned all those books?”

“My landlady was kind enough to retrieve all my other books in the apartment.” She said. “I’m actually shipping some of those books to Edinburgh because I couldn’t fit everything in here.”

“You’re a bookworm, huh?”

“Bibliophile.” She answered before her eyes lits up darting her attention to the two eco bags full of groceries I am holding. “Is that all for me?”

“Oh! Yeah. It is.” I replied completely forgetting it. Before I can do anything she already run towards me and grab the bags herself.

“Aw, thank you Daddy!” She said bringing all the bags to the dining table and started to pull them out one by one. She looks like a damn kid unboxing new toys right now.

I couldn’t help but snort. “Did you just called me Daddy?”

“Nope. The baby did.”

She answered without looking at me which made me snicker. And just what I thought, she started murdering the bag of gummy worms I bought. I seriously don’t have plans on buying one but when I saw it at the grocery store earlier I decided to just buy it since it is one of her cravings.

“Thank you for these, seriously.” She said and started arranging the groceries on the cupboard.

“Why didn’t you called or texted?” I asked.

“You told me to just contact you when the baby needs anything.” She said staring at me. “And besides, I was really busy with my thesis so I didn’t get the chance to update you or anything.”

Oh yeah, I forgot about what I ordered her. Why am I so stupid?

“Forget what I said.” I told her, I’m serious about making things right here from now on. “Text me if you feel like it.”

“Why are you here by the way?” She asked as she continued herself from taking care of the groceries while I found myself cozying up on her couch. I certainly have nothing else to do tonight and staying on my other side of the house alone might give me an excuse to get drunk. Or perhaps call Elise, thinking about cozying a night in with her fiance makes me want to get drunk all the time, so this is a good distraction.

“I just want to check up you and the baby.” I replied. “Besides you haven’t texted me and I wanted some update.”

“Well, I’m good. Just busy with school work but the baby is doing fine.” She said walking past me heading to the study table across from me. “So you can go now.”