31. Keya

The next three days was me doing some decorations and slight changes in my new apartment. The place is situated in such a nice convenience for me to be honest. The nearest supermarket is just a ten minute ride and I can just walk from here down to the university.

I still have two weeks right before the new semester starts, and I didn't have to prepare so much with it anyway since I have already been exchanging emails to the university administration about me returning to go teach again, and during the last three years was me changing, preparing and finalizing my dissertation. So once the classes starts it won't be that hard for me anymore and probably won't take up too much of my time.

I sat on the couch looking all over the house and observe all the changes that I have made. The place is starting to look well-lived now, Lily and Jessy was kind enough to bought flowers and books for me to put on as decorations.

I checked my watch and it's already five in the afternoon, I sighed to relax myself resting my head on the couch for a bit right before I head to the bathroom and shower. My phone then suddenly then rings with Amanda's message.

   Amanda: u busy? Dinner w/ me? I'll pick you up at 6.

   Me: nice idea. I'll wait hun. See u! :)

After I shoot a reply to Amanda I went to the bathroom to go for a quick shower. Right after I finished getting ready Amanda arrived and currently waiting for me outside the building.

"Hey!" I greeted when I hop inside her car. "Did I let you wait for long?"

"No you didn't." Amanda said chuckling and started to drive. "I'm taking you to a new place downtown, it's my treat."

"Wonderful. Don't you have a work at the station today?"

"I took a day off." She replied. "The next three days is going to be hectic for me then."

"Why?" I ask.

"Dallas is hosting the NHL All-Stars week. I'd totally be busy by then."

Few moments passed, Amanda and I arrived at a restaurant which I consider as for fancy-pants people. When we arrived, there are few people who nods at her and I should not be surprised since she is always seen at the local television station in the state of Texas so every one totally recognizes her.

"You're a bit of a celebrity in the state now eh!" I whispered on her ear and she just laughed.

Amanda have already reserved a table for the both of us so we just let the waiter guide us to our seat on a discrete corner of the restaurant. We didn't ordered for food yet and decided to chill for a bit.

"Do you always go here?" I asked her.

"This the second time around. I was here on a date like a month ago with Luke." Amanda answered.

I smirked. "Alright. Quality time with the husbands."

Amanda just smiled. "Well, Luke's mom is in town so we got some time to go on a date night."

"Miss Amanda Edwards!" A masculine voice called up coming from my back, and without any second Amanda immediately rose to her feet and greet the said individual.

To my great surprise, I recognized the bloody guy and right before I can react the man saw me already and the surprise on his face is quite clear.

"Keya!"

I tried to paint a quick smile. "Hi Jamie."

"You two know each other?" Amanda asked and I just looked on her, tilt my head and she just catched up the message instantly.

Jamie did not hesitate to hug me which is weird since we're not this close before, however, I'm still grateful that this guy was really nice in looking after me when I was still living under Seguin's roof before. I totally appreciate him spoiling me with gummy worms.

"Oh it is so nice to see you!" He said releasing the hug. "You're back."

I slowly nodded. "Yeah, I am."

"How are you?"

"Pretty good." I replied. "What about you?"

"Never been better." Jamie responds. "How's my godchild--"

"--your godchild?" I said in disbelief.

"--did you bring him with you?"

"Oh! Uhm..." I hesitated on whether I tell him about my son or not.

Jamie is like a brother to Tyler, I know that he'll mention all of this to him after tonight and if I mention about my son, I am totally kind of not prepared for that.

I was about to respond to Jamie with a question that is going to change the topic, thankfully another guy interrupted us and saved my ass real nice!

"Yow! Captain." The guy interrupted clinging unto Jamie's shoulder. He noticed Amanda and greeted her. "Oh hey Miss Edwards! Are you going to interview us this coming All-stars game?"

"For sure Alex. For sure!" Amanda replied.

"Nice." He answered and darted his eyes on me. "Mind to introduce me to your friend right here?" 

"Right." Jamie sounded. "Alex, this is Keya. Keya, this is Alex Radulov one of our teammates."

Right before I can offer my hand, the man named Alex looked at me in complete shock. "Shit! Is this the same Keya that..."

I furrowed my eyebrows completely wondering about what he is talking about. The man named Alex didn't continued his sentence and offered his hands to shake mine instead, looking intently at me which is really uncomfortable.

"Hello Keya, it is so nice to finally meet you in flesh." He said as he shakes my hand. "Segs has been talking so much about you."

I just nodded, forcing to give him a quick smile.

"Anyway, we have to go." Alex said dragging Jamie with him.

"Of course." I said in complete relief.

"It's really nice to see you again, Keya." Jamie said walking away from the table following Alex, but right before he gets away I called him back again.

"Ahh... Jamie?"

"Yes?" He stopped looking at me.

"Please don't tell Tyler you saw me here." I asked.

He smiled and nodded. "You can trust me this time with that Keya."

"Thank you. And remind your friend Alex too."

"Sure thing!" He said. "Enjoy your dinner ladies."

I settled back again on the table sighing. "I don't trust those guys in keeping their mouth shut."

"Key, why are you keeping your son from his father?" Amanda asked.

"Because I don't trust Tyler. He's a huge jackass, he has so many issues and I don't want my son to witness how awful his father is." I explained.

"But Keya, it's been three years. Who knows Tyler have already changed?" Amanda said. "As far as I know, he's been having a great life now and have been maintaining a good reputation on and off the ice."

"Yeah right, of course you know that because you've been working as a sports reporter now. But we never know, it might be some kind of a facade or some shit."

I heard her sigh. "You might as well give him a chance."

"I've been giving him a lot of chance before but he keeps blowing it up." I answer.

"Well, at least just try?"

I sighed again this time. "I'll think about it. But as long as Tyler and I's path won't cross yet, there's no need to come see him and talk about it."

"Again, it's your choice and decision hun."