51. Tyler

Jamie and Alex came to the house for a weekend bonding, throw some red meat on the grill and enjoying some beers with me at the outdoor kitchen. This is our first get together right after we lose our last game of the season.

"How's the life being a dad Segs?" Alex asks chugging his beer looking at me.

"Awesome." I replied.

I wanted Keya and Sky to come here and join us but she refused since the whole week Sky was staying at me while she's at work and by the time Keya comes back from work and pick Sky he is already asleep.

Keya have been so busy this week and been coming out of work late, she says that it's currently her midterms at graduate school, she's busy with her dissertation and at the same time she's busy making grades for her students. She's a really hardworking woman, and I totally admire her for that. But if I were to be followed, I will surely tell her to quit her job.

"By the way, they're not coming here to join us?" Jamie asks.

"No. Keya wants the weekend to be solely just for the two of them." I answered.

"Its good to know that you and Keya are in good terms now." Jamie commented.

"Any chance you'll be tapping her again?" Radulov asks stupidly. "Or maybe you already have?"

I threw him the nearest red bell pepper that I have found just to wake him back to his senses. "Shut the fuck up Rad! I'm not the guy you used to know, and if I were still... I will never do that to Keya. I respect that woman too much!"

I do, really do. I disrespected her way too much before and refused to see every little inch of her amazing personality. I began to appreciate her when she left, because that is how huge of an asshole I was. I wasted my chance to be with a perfect woman!

And now that she is slowly giving me the chance to prove myself to her, I will never going to waste any second of it!

I knew that I have been liking her since she started living with me, I was just blinded by my ex-girlfriend causing me to deny my feelings on her. I was stupid!

But then again, I thought. She might not be that interested with me anymore, few days ago when I picked her up at the university. I saw her with that guy Thomas, the way he looks at Keya makes me feel on edge! In fact I despise the idea of seeing her with that guy.

I couldn't help but release a loud sigh. "I guess she got her eye on some douchebag."

"How d'you know?" Rad asks. "Are they together?"

I shrugged. "Not that I know of, but I guess not... Not yet!"

"Well then move fast!" Jamie suggested. "I'm sure you're interested with Keya that way right?"

"Of course I am but--" I said. "But it is still up to Keya."

Alex nods. "But if you really want to, sometimes you have to double your efforts, persuade her and do all the shit you have to do just to get her."

"Rad is right." Jamie says patting my back. "You're a hockey player dude you fight for what you want even if it means bruising yourself. Shoot your shot!"

--

Later that day, I went to Keya's apartment to go visit them and surprise them for a homemade dinner!

I knocked on Keya's door, and she was indeed surprised when she saw me standing outside.

"Hi!" I said plastering a quick smile. "Surprised?"

"You should have texted me." Keya says opening the door wide for me. "I didn't expect someone to come by, the apartment is pretty messy!"

As I enter her place, it's kind of messy but not that much. Random toys are on the floor in the small living room, and papers, stacks of books are spread out on the couch and coffee table. Her place is quite too small, I would even say that her study room at my house is way bigger than her current place.