9. Tyler

I made it to training camp the next day after I send Keya to the hospital.
It’s been three days since the incident happened and I haven’t spilled anything yet to Jamie or anyone on my team since we are all occupied with our training.

These time, my attention is not really hundred percent focused here in camp right now. My focus is somewhere else, specifically in Dallas, to where Keya is.

I expected that once she got my number she’ll start calling me and bothering me about all her necessities for the baby but there’s no single text nor call from her, which is great but to be honest, I don’t like her living situation. But also, I’m still not convinced that I am the father of the baby myself either.

I’m thinking that what if someone got her pregnant and I just happen to screw her right before she found out? There’s an eighty to ninety percent that what I am picturing is true, right?

When I insulted her, it became really easy for her to brush me off! If she’s desperate and really indeed sure that I am the father of her child she will surely won’t do that right? I’m still not convinced.

“How soon can a pregnant woman undergo a paternity test?” I asked Jamie while he helps me on lifting up some barbells.

“What the fuck are you talking about?” He asked completely surprised on what I have just said and signalled me to stop what I am doing.

My question also caught my other teammate’s attention who are all busy working out.

“Did you knocked up someone?” Radulov immediately asked dropping the barbell he was holding.

“I think so.”

“What do you mean you think so?” Jamie asked in complete frustration.

“I mean, I don’t know alright?” I answered. “I’m still not sure if I am the father yet.”

“And who’s this chick?” Rad asks again. “Is it Tricia? Or one of your puck bunnies?”

“Is it one of the cheerleaders?” Klingberg supplied.

“Shut the fuck up!” I replied throwing Klingberg a piece of towel I used in wiping my sweat off.

“It’s actually none of those girls.” I said because Keya was a complete stranger. “So as I was saying, how soon can I have a paternity test?”

Everyone around me shrugged which surprised me because they should know this! There’s no one of us here who are exempted, every one of us are all guilty about sleeping around.

“Let’s ask Dobi. He got the same experience about this.” Jamie suggested and called our goalie’s attention.

Dobi chuckled when he heard about my question while he approaches our little group.

“Why? Who knocked up someone?” He asked and everyone pointed at me with great finesse.

“I’m not surprised.” He mumbles. “Well, as far as I know you can already have it during the ninth week.”

“According to her OB, she’s already nine weeks in.” I said.

“That’s good. Then you might as well do it then right before the baby-mama starts to demand a house and lot or something!” Khudobin said which sends everyone to laugh.

“Your life will change man once you became a father.” Rad said patting me on my shoulder.

I sighed. I know that and I was so ready with that when I was with Elise.
But thinking about being a father to the child of Keya? A complete stranger? That is way too much and I don’t think I am genuinely ready yet if ever the baby is indeed mine.