Dead Love {Jeremiah Valeska}

Imagine you were "killed" by the GCPD and Jeremiah attempts to come back for revenge.

(Y/P) - your pronouns

Jim points his gun at Jeremiah, his partner standing close behind him

Jim points his gun at Jeremiah, his partner standing close behind him. "Drop the knife, Jeremiah," he orders, taking a small step forward.

Jeremiah raises his arm and presses his elbow against the wall to hold himself up, staring intensely at the two detectives. "Do you know how it feels to have the one, the only thing you love, ripped away from you?" He questions. His voice, although raspy, is filled with sorrow and rage.

Jim glances at Harvey, his brow raised, before returning his gaze to the criminal standing a few feet in front of them. "Y/N isn't dead," he states, "Y/P never (was/were)."

Jeremiah's eyes grow wide, and he stands up straight. "What?"

Jim nods slowly. "Y/N's been in Arkham this whole time, waiting for you," he explains, taking another step towards him.

Jeremiah stares thoughtfully at the detectives, clenching his jaw and tightening his grip around the handle of the knife. He blinks, knitting his brows together and shaking his head. "You will regret lying to me, Gordon," he warns, before raising his right arm and throwing the blade towards the cops. He doesn't stay long enough to see whether or not the knife is lodged into one of their chests. As soon as the blade is out of his hand, he runs.

Once he reaches a safe spot to stop and catch his breath, he stares up at the dark sky. He leans forward with his hands on his knees, eyes tightly shut as he lowers his head. He takes a moment to let himself breathe before whipping around and throwing punches at the wall behind him. In a few moments, the punches die down until his arms drop to his sides, and he leans forward against the wall.

He can't help but wonder if you are still alive, if what Gordon said was true, that you are waiting in Arkham for him to arrive. He had to know, to make a plan to get you out if you really are there. If you aren't, and he died trying to find out, he would be just as happy if he were to break you out; then he could be with you in the afterlife. Either way, he's determined to get to you; no matter the cost.

Written by: crestoothpaste