{Jim Gordon Imagine}

𝙃𝘼𝙄𝙍 𝘿𝙔𝙀

Written by: @crestoothpaste

Summary: we'll just say Jim is going to despise you for a few days, and the title says it all. It was supposed to be fun and games for his 2 days off of work, but things took a dark turn, or in this case, a bright neon orange turn - and not the happy kind of bright you might be thinking.

You let out an irritated sigh, tilting your head to the side and crossing your arms over your chest. You stare at your husband with an angry gaze, brows knitted together. "Like I said before, it is tem-por-ary hair dye!" You say, dragging out and separating the word 'temporary'.

Jim glares up at you from where he sits on the sofa, a glass of whiskey in his hand. "It'll be gone before I go to work?" He asks.

You drop your hands to your side, rolling your E/C eyes. "Yes, James!" You answer, for what felt like the millionth time.

Jim nods. "I'm going to regret this," he mumbles to himself, before finishing the cup of alcohol. "Fine, but it better come out before I go to work," he says, standing up and pointing his finger at you.

You can't help but grin. "I love you so much, Jim. I really do," you giggle as you walk over to him. You kiss his cheek and quickly run to the bathroom to grab your supplies. "Babe, get your butt in here!" You yell out to him, pulling a chair from the dining room into the bathroom to face the mirror.

Jim reluctantly follows you into the bathroom, keeping a sour look on his face as he sits down in the chair. "Are you sure it's temporary?" He asks.

You begin mixing up the bottles and getting the dye ready. "Yes, Jim. You've asked that already, my answer hasn't changed," you respond.

After about half an hour passed, you had taken the box, bottle, and gloves out to throw them away while Jim was in the shower washing out the dye.

Before you throw out the box, you notice something in small print underneath the colour. Your eyes widen and you put your hand over your mouth, but not out of shock. You were laughing.

The small print read: permanent.

Jim is going to be furious.

You throw the box into the recycling and shake your head, still laughing. You knew he wouldn't stay mad for long, you are his wife - you make sure he's fed when he gets home from work, even when it's late at night and you're tired, you comfort him whenever he needs it, you help him figure out some of the cases at work, you support his decision to be so work-crazed, and you're a damn amazing wife to him - he's lucky to have married you.

You sit down on the couch and wait for the soon-to-be angry orange-haired man to emerge from the bathroom.

~~ SHORT TIME SKIP ~~

You dry his hair using the blow dryer, having to hold back your laugh as you finish.

Jim, fearfully, turns to look at himself in the mirror. He cringes at the sight of the orange hair on his head. "My hair definitely looks better blonde," he comments, running his fingers through his hair as he studies himself. He turns to look at you, but notices the look on your face - a look of regret, but also mischief. "What?" He demands, frowning.

You look at him, coughing to stop yourself from laughing. "So, when you got in the shower I looked at the box again..." you start.

His eyes widen.

"It was written really small, but... uh, the dye was permanent," you state. Now, you can't stop yourself, and you start laughing again.

Jim was oddly still, probably processing the information.

Then it came.

"NOW?! You tell me this now?!" Jim demands, his voice growing loud.

You gather yourself together, clearing your throat.

It was time for the wife thing.

You put your hands on your hips and tilt your head only slightly to the side, your eyes widening as you give him a death stare. "Don't raise your voice at me, besides, we can just get it out with bleach!" You explain, shrugging your shoulders.

Jim relaxes slightly, but gives you a confused look at the mention of bleach. "Bleach? Are you crazy? Do you want to kill me?" He questions.

Okay, now that was too funny for you not to laugh at. You lean against the counter and wipe a tear from your cheek, laughing for a few more seconds before looking at him and shaking your head.

"Oh, Jim. Bleach will get the orange out and you'll be the normal handsome blonde detective you were before," you explain. 

Jim looks embarrassed at the realization. He scratches the back of his head and glances down. "Well, can we get the bleach stuff before I go back to work? I don't need Harv seeing this," he asks.

You giggle. "Only because I love you," you answer, ruffling his hair before leaving the bathroom. You can't help it and go into another laughing fit as you sit down on the couch to watch TV.

Silently, you debate whether or not to buy the bleach before he returns to his job or wait a bit and just 'forget' about it. The option sounded tempting to you.

Should I, or should I just buy it and save me from some lectures? You wonder, glancing at your husband as he sits down on the other side of the couch.

~~ A/N ~~

Want a part 2 where you 'forget' to buy the bleach and force him to go to work, or leave it here where you do buy the bleach and fix up his hair before then?