Chapter 27

The final week at Hogwarts soon whizzed by. Evie was thankful to be back as were her fellow students. Hallie, Addie and the other Hufflepuffs had been fussing over Evie when she returned, like she was a china doll that could break at any moment. Though she hated the attention, she thought it was sweet that they all cared so much. 

Evie was stood at Hogsmeade station saying her goodbyes to her housemates when Draco appeared behind her. 

"Write to me over the summer, won't you?" he asked, as he handed over a small piece of parchment. 

"Of course Draco," Evie replied. She went to hug him but remembered what he had said about his father. If word got out that they were friends, he could be in big trouble. She gave him a small nod instead and boarded the train. 

The journey back to King's Cross Station seemed quicker than the journey to Hogwarts. Evie had sat with Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny and the twins for the journey. The Weasley's were very excited as they were off to Egypt over the summer. 

Ginny had begged Evie to write to her of course, and wanted to meet up as soon as they were home from their trip. Evie agreed, as long as her family were ok with it. 

She was eager to see her family, with everything that had happened this year, she had barely spoken to them. She hoped they wouldn't be too angry about the Wolfsbane potion she had made for Remus, though she'd had a pretty rough first year at Hogwarts and thought that might soften their  reactions. Especially as Dumbledore had decided Evie should spend the last week at school, despite just coming out of what essentially was a coma. Her family had been up to visit her in the hospital wing when she was revived from petrification but that felt like years ago now. 

As the train pulled into the station, Evie said her goodbyes and promised to write to them all as much as she could. Then, she grabbed her luggage and bolted off the train. To her excitement, Remus, Lyall and Hope were at the station waiting to take her home. 

As she flew of the edge of the platform towards Remus' open arms, she realised how much she had missed her family. It had been so hard being away from them all year, especially as she couldn't even go home for Christmas. She sank into the hug as Remus picked her up and twirled her. 

"Oh my darling girl, you are back safely!" he paused popping her down on the ground. "Now we have a few things we need to discuss when we get home," He gave her an almost stern look and continued while whispering, "Namely, stealing supplies from Snape's store cupboard." He raised his eyebrows but a short chuckle soon followed. "But that can wait until later, for now I am over the moon that you are home," Remus said with a wink, making Evie smile. 

Two more big hugs from Grandma Hope and Grandpa Lyall and the four of them headed out of the station to the car. On the car ride home, the family chatted away, catching up on things they had missed, but Evie grew tired. She was completely exhausted. Conversations soon petered out and Evie fell into a blissful sleep, content that she was surrounded by her family and her first year at Hogwarts was now over. 

What a year it had been!

Book 2 is called: Squeaks, Moony and Padfoot 

It follows Evie in her Second year at Hogwarts.

Thank you so much to anyone who has been reading this story. I know the latter chapters were shorter than the others and there are multiple grammatical errors throughout, I do apologise. I will go through and edit the chapters once I have finished the series. 

Please do comment and interact with this story, I would love to know what you think. I'm sure it isn't everyone's cup of tea but I would still really like to know what you think.