Chapter 16

The next day, Evie was sat in the Gryffindor common room with Ginny drinking a cup of tea. Both girls still in their pyjamas, were curled up on the sofa recounting the wonderful evening they had all had the night before. Christmas truly had been, so much better than either of them had expected it would be this year. 

Whilst finishing off her tea, Evie explained to Ginny how she loved to sit on her little balcony that was attached to her room in the Hufflepuff dorms. "You should come see it sometime, you know sneak over to my common room!" Evie offered. 

"And break the rules? Have you been talking to Fred and George?" Ginny responded raising an eyebrow. 

"I have been talking to them but that's not the point! It's not like I wouldn't be able to sneak you in... Just think of all the fun we could have!" Evie stated.

"Well... " Ginny hesitated for a moment, "You're right!" 

"Of course I am, so is that a yes?" Evie questioned. 

"Haha, yes!" Ginny laughed. "But right now, I think we ought to get ourselves ready for breakfast, I'm Starving!"

Clearing up their empty cups, the girls went to get ready for the day. Evie made sure she had put all of her things back into her bag and borrowed some clothes from Ginny, which she would return later. 

After breakfast, Evie left to go and check on the Wolfsbane potion. As she headed towards the room of requirement, she bumped into someone. "Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was -" 

Malfoy interrupted her, "I can see that Evelyn, where are you rushing off to?" he asked. 

"I'm erm," she hesitated. "Going to check that the potion is brewing ok," she whispered. Looking up at Malfoy, searching to see what his reaction might be. He had helped her get the ingredients, of course he knew she would have to brew it at some point. 

Her honesty always baffled him, he found it quite admirable really. She hadn't told anyone about him helping her, if she had it would have spread right the way round school by now. He almost felt like he could trust her. "Would you like some help with that?" Malfoy questioned. 

"Oh, I, well actually another pair of eyes wouldn't hurt," Evie replied. But then she remembered that if he helped her with making the potion, he would need to know what it was. If he knew that, he would know that Remus was in fact a werewolf. "Actually, you must be really busy, don't worry I can do it on my own," she said quickly. 

"I'm not busy at all, it's not like I have many people to spend time with," Malfoy quipped. 

She felt a pang on her heartstrings, Draco's reputation did mean he hadn't many friends. The 'friends' he did have were currently at home enjoying the holidays. Evie felt conflicted "I don't want you to judge me or my family if you knew what the potion was for..." She paused for a moment. "I didn't tell anyone about you helping me get the ingredients, if you found out the reason for the potion do you promise you wont tell anyone? Not a single soul?" Evie enquired. 

Draco knew that she could ruin his reputation in an instant if she were to tell anyone he helped her. He thought about her question, sounds ominous. Would he tell anyone? Finally, after some careful consideration Draco spoke, "No Evelyn, I won't tell a soul. I promise." 

With that, she led Draco to the room of requirement where the potion seemed to be bubbling nicely. She walked over to the workspace at the back and popped her bag down before going to look in the potions book to see what she needed to do next. Draco slowly walked in behind her, as she put her bag down, he turned to look in the book. "A Wolfsbane potion?" he asked, trying to mask his surprise.