Chapter 21

POV: Evie's Mind

Is that my house? I looks brighter than usual. How did I get here? Why am I stood in the Garden? 

Wait a minute, is that the Lavender I planted with Remus a few years ago that never blossomed? Why does it all of a sudden have lavender flowers on it? That's weird. It's beautiful.

*BEEP* ... *SQUEAK*  ... *THUMP*

What is that ringing in my head? 

*feeling confused and beginning to panic*

Hold on, a moment ago I was at Hogwarts...

*Evie has a flashback of what has just happened. She remembered leaving the library and turning the corner using her mirror to head back to the Hufflepuff common room*

Oh god, am I dead? Bummer, I was really looking forward to the next task in the house tournament. Is that really my top priority right now? I COULD BE DEAD, get a little perspective Evelyn!

Ok, let's think this through logically, I can't be dead can I? I used the mirror like Hermione suggested. I wouldn't be stood in my garden back home and that thumping in my head certainly wouldn't be happening either, right? 

*A familiar voice pulls Evie from her thoughts. Suddenly she is projected into the room watching the scene unfold in front of her.*

****

It was a strange sensation, watching your own petrified body laying there on a hospital bed, floating around the room like a ghost but not really being dead. Evie thought it was both terrifying but also rather amusing that she could see the scene unfold before her and knowing that knowing that no one could she her astro form. 

She watched as McGonagall entered the ward with Harry, whom she had just taken from his quidditch match. This was evident from the fact that Harry walked in wearing his quidditch gear and carrying his broom stick. He looked shocked. McGonagall left the room meaning Harry was now alone with Evie. His sad eyes looked at his younger sister, petrified and unable to move. tears formed in the corners of his eyes as he had thought about their last encounter with each other. Harry had been so cold with Evie over the last week, avoiding her where possible. He was trying to move past the fact that she had kept her gift a secret meaning he had felt alone and ostracised by almost everyone for being different.

As he sat their looking at his helpless sister, those feelings of being hurt soon dispersed. He was now feeling guilt. As he spoke to Evie's unconscious body he apologised for the way he had been acting and held her hand. Evie's astro form felt the tingle in her hand, it was a strange sensation but it was nice to know that she was still in some way connected to her physical body. 

Astro Evie walked to the other side of her hospital bed and stood next to Harry. He turned his head as though he felt her presence moving next to him and wondered if perhaps he could see her. He couldn't, it didn't matter what she did he didn't even flinch. If he had felt her presence, made he would be able to hear her if she spoke to him. 

"HARRY!" she shouted, as loud as she could. 

Nothing. 

As Harry stood up to leave, Evie stood in front of him, hoping that somehow her astro form would stop him from leaving. It didn't. In fact, Harry just walked straight through her, like she was a ghost he couldn't see. He had gone to tell the others what had happened, a glum look on his face as he forced himself to leave the room. 

Evie knew that she needed to try and communicate with those around her, especially Harry. She needed to tell him what she had found out...

****