Chapter 15

"What do we have here Georgie, another rebellious Potter?" Fred teased.

"Didn't think we'd see you sneaking around the castle, what are you hiding in there?" George questioned.

Evie felt somewhat relieved that it was the twins, out of everyone they were more likely to be supportive of any mischief she was up to. Nevertheless, she didn't want the boys to know about the potion if she could help it.  As she turned around to face the twins she tried to pull the conversation away from her and onto the boys. 

"Fred... George! What are you two doing here?" Evie over exaggerated her sentence making her sound even more suspicious than the already looked. 

"You didn't answer our question Evie..." Fred pressed. 

"Yeah c'mon, you know we love a bit of mischief. What are you doing?" George reassured. 

Evie stared at the boys for a moment before deciding to give in, "Please don't tell anyone... I know I shouldn't have done it, I borrowed - " 

"Borrowed aye, borrowed what?" Fred interrupted.

"Well actually I stole them," Evie muttered looking to the ground in shame. 

"STOLE THEM!" The twins shouted in unison. 

"Yes, but keep your voices down!" Evie whispered. " I can explain - " She was interrupted again. 

"Oh dear little one," Fred jokingly scolded. 

"who did you steal from and what did you take?" George asked. 

"Ingredients from Snape's stores, I needed to make a potion to help my uncle. He's sick... it's the reason I couldn't go home for Christmas," Evie sighed. 

Fred and George's eyes lit up like the Christmas tree in the great hall, "From Snape?" the twins chorused. They despised Snape, most of the pranks they had planned were centred around him. Evie was feeling a little embarrassed that she had taken from his stores but the twins weren't judging her. If anything, they were proud that she had managed to steal from his stores in the first place. 

"Well, looks like the 3 of us will get along juuussst fine Evelyn," Fred said, as he wrapped one arm around her shoulders. 

As the three of them began to walk away from the room of requirement the twins were telling Evie about some of the pranks they had done previously. Many of them involving Filch, it was amazing what they had managed to get away with. However, they had spoken about a few times when they had been caught. Peeves, the schools poltergeist, would love to get them into trouble when he could so the boys had spent many a time in detention. This usually consisted of cleaning the schools trophy room, and the boys HATED cleaning with a passion.

Once they reached the great hall George asked Evie, "What are you going to do now? much planned before the feast?"

"Actually I'm heading back to my common room. I promised Hallie we would play some board games and get ready for the Christmas feast together," Evie paused. "Harry has invited me into your common room after dinner," She smiled. 

"We know, Ginny wont stop talking about you," Fred sighed, earning himself a slap on the arm by George. 

"We are all looking forward to you spending time with us Evie," George assured her. 

"Thanks Georgie, I can't wait either. I really should head back to Hufflepuff common room now though... Hallie will be bored out of her mind over there on her own!" Evie stated. 

"We'll walk you there, won't we Freddie," George nudged Fred's Elbow. 

"Sure!" Fred smiled. 

As they walked toward the Hufflepuff common room, conversation flowed easily between them. Evie thought it was sweet that they had walked her back, even though she would have been perfectly fine to walk back alone. She was starting to see the subtle differences between Fred and George. They may have been identical but their personalities were definitely different. Fred was clearly the more outgoing and dominant of the two, he made most of the conversation and George would chime in every now and then.