Chapter 5

As Evie and Ginny made their way along the train, Ginny found some people she knew in the year above, friends of her brother. Dean seemed like a quiet boy, but was very animated when talking to Ginny. Evie thought it best to leave them to catch up, "I'm going to carry on down the train, if I find them I'll come back here and  let you know, ok?" she said quietly. Ginny continued her conversation with Dean but nodded her head and gave Evie a thumbs to agree to that plan. 

Evie had been walking for what felt like forever, there were so many people on the train. She was glad she had decided to wear her hair down today, she didn't want this many people seeing her scar before she had even got to Hogwarts. When she got to what she thought must have been the last carriage on the train, she opened the door and saw the majority of Slytherin's second years. She recognised one particular blonde haired boy from that day in Diagon Alley. With a sneer in his voice and a crinkled face, he slicked back his hair with his fingers and said "Red hair, clearly second hand robes, you must be one of those Weasley's," he laughed sarcastically. Evie didn't like his tone. Who did he think he was? He might be a second year, and in Slytherin but despite the stories she had heard about those Slytherin folk, she wasn't scared. In fact, like her mother, she didn't like to judge people until she got to know their character. This boy had no idea about how to treat people, and degrading a whole family like he just did then was not right. Not to mention trying to embarrass her for having second hand robes, he clearly thought Evie was someone who could be walked all over. She might be small, but oh she was fiesty, even though she hated being the centre of attention. 

With a sweet smile Evie replied "Actually, NOT a Weasley, not that that would be something to be ashamed of... The names Potter, Evelyn-Grey Potter, you are?". She reach out her hand for the boy to shake and introduce himself, which was rejected of course. The boy was stunned, mouth open in shock, as he wondered 'not another potter surely'. "I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. What are you doing in here?" he snarled. Taking back her extended arm, which had been rejected, she smoothed down her robes before clearing her throat to speak. "I'm looking for my brother, Harry. Have you seen him?" she asked politely. Again, shock washed over Draco's face as his eyebrows dragged down toward his eyes. "Harry Potter is your brother?" questioned a small brunette girl, who was sat next to Draco with her arms folded.  

Evie didn't understand what Draco's problem was. Clearly he was in the same year as Harry, he didn't seem very nice though, so they probably weren't friends. This girl seemed just as hostile for some reason, which made Evie retort in quite a sarcastically sweet tone "Well yes, I did just say that, weren't you listening?". This response caused Draco to chuckle which earned him quite the death glare from this girl sat next to him. 

"Ugh, know your place you little cretin, your brother  is not here, can't you see that. Now run along," the girl sneered. As Evie turned, to return to her compartment, she heard one of the boys speak to the mystery girl "Nice one Pansy, you tell her," as they chuckled as a group. This caused Evie to look over her shoulder at the table of second year Slytherins, she noticed Draco was still watching her as she closed the carriage door. She hoped, beyond hope, that she was not put into Slytherin, she may have a feisty streak but she could not handle having to deal with 'Pansy' every day. 

Back at the compartment, Ginny was asleep leaning up against the window as Fred and George were loading anything they could find, onto Ginny to see how much it would take for her to wake up. Evie smiled a wide grin as she slowly crept into the compartment, looking at the two older boys. It reminded her of one of the muggle games her grandma Hope had bought her one Christmas - Buckaroo. A horse, where you loaded as many things as you could onto its saddle and tail, to see how much it would take before the horse would buck and all the pieces would fall off. Reaching into her pocket she found a pen and a small chocolate éclair sweet. She handed each of the items she found to the twins, in silent agreement that she also wanted to see how much stuff they could pile on Ginny before she woke up. They looked back at Evie with a devilish grin before turning to Ginny. George managed to place the éclair in the crook of Ginny's arm, she didn't even stir. Evie thought she must have been a deep sleeper considering the pile of items the twins had managed to cover her with. 

With the black pen, Fred took off its lid and winked at Evie. Horror soon took over her face as she realised what Fred was about to do - draw on Ginny's face, most likely a moustache. Evie had given him this weapon and it would have been her fault if Ginny walked into Hogwarts on her first day with a moustache drawn on her. Fred got closer and closer, mere inches away from Ginny's face. Just as Evie was about to tell him to stop, the train pulled into the station, making Ginny wake up with a jump. Great timing of course, that could have been a catastrophe had he managed to get any closer. As Ginny stood up confused the items continued to fall off her and onto the compartment floor. With the flick of his wand, George cleared away the mess it had made, then returned the éclair and the pen to Evie. Bending down slightly and whispering in her ear "Thanks for your help kid," George exited the compartment with his luggage in tow. He was followed closely by Fred and the girls after they had grabbed their luggage. All the Hogwarts students were making their way off the train and headed toward the teachers who were waiting for them on the platform.