Chapter 18

Evie had been right, Ginny never came. Infact she hadn't seen her in a few days now. Worried that she had done something to upset her, Evie started asking around over the next week or so to try and find out what was going on. To her surprise, Ginny had been distant with everyone, even her own brothers. 

At first Evie thought Ginny was just avoiding her. It was strange that she had stopped sneaking into the Hufflepuff common room, she loved to have sleep overs with Evie. Especially when she had shown her the balcony they had talked about at Christmas. One of Ginny's new favourite things to do was drink tea on that balcony, while talking to Evie about many things... but mostly about Harry. It was very clear that Ginny had developed a huge crush on Harry. 

Concerned that Ginny had been avoiding everyone, Evie decided to sneak into Gryffindor Tower and enter their common room. Once inside, she looked around but couldn't see Ginny anywhere in the communal space. 

"UH OH, INTRUDER ALERT!" came a familiar voice. 

Evie looked over to the fire place where she saw Fred motioning for her to come closer, while George and Oliver Wood looked up and smiled. On her way over to the large sofa, Evie passed Dean and Seamus who were deep in conversation. Dean was telling Seamus all about a muggle football team 'West Ham' who didn't seem to be doing to well in the league, from what Evie heard. 

As she flopped herself on the sofa next to George, Evie asked " Where's Harry?"

The twins shrugged, "Dunno." 

"Last we heard, he, Hermione and Ron were busy Skulking around the castle," Fred stated. 

"Ah I see, Up to mischief no doubt," Evie replied. She looked between the twins as Oliver had now left and asked, "Have either of you seen Ginny? She has been over to Hufflepuff common in a while, I'm starting to feel like she really is avoiding me..."

"Don't take it personally E," George said wrapping an arm around her shoulders giving her a reassuring squeeze. 

"Yeah she's been ignoring everyone," Fred replied. 

Evie let out a small smile, it was nice that the boys were trying to reassure her but it wasn't helping. Her best friend hadn't spoken to her in days and she was beginning to worry that something was wrong. "Aren't you worried?" Evie blurted, going a bright shade of pink at her near outburst. 

"Of course we are, but what can we do? She wont talk to us," George responded.

"Merlin knows we've tried, she had a right attitude on her when we asked if she was ok the other day, didn't she Georgie?" Fred looked to his twin for support in his statement. 

"Yeah, it was quite frightening actually. We wrote home to mum asking for her advice but..." George began to blush a little, the tips of his cheeks where the freckles danced under his eyes, were now illuminated in a bright shade of pink. 

"Mum said that we shouldn't worry, and it was probably her hormones that were making her moody and agitated... She said it was probably best we leave her alone for a little while until she's ready to talk," Fred continued. 

"Maybe," Evie hummed warily. She stood up of the sofa about to make her way out of the Gryffindor common room when George interrupted her. 

"Where are you going?" He asked. 

"Oh, I was going to head up stairs to see if Ginny was in her room and if not then I'll head back to my own common room," Evie stated plainly. 

"She's not up there," Fred chimed. 

"Stay for a moment would you? We have some - er - activities we would like your thoughts on, dont we Freddie," George pleaded. 

"We do," Fred confirmed. "What are you thoughts on this?" Fred pointed to George who gave a large sketch book to Evie. "It's our sketch book, where we map out the pranks we want to pull off," he stated. 

The sketch book was heavy with a rustic brown leather casing. As Evie opened the front cover, it revealed a blank page. "There's nothing here," confusion in her tone as she spoke. 

George lifted his wand and tapped the page gently, "Revelio" once his wand left the page, it sprang into colour. Weasley & Weasley - After turning this page, the others began to reveal their drawings. Evie admired how superb they were, the boys were really very talented. It seems they would do very well in a more artist and practical setting. "Did you draw these?" Evie asked Fred. 

"I did some of them, it was mostly George though. He is much better at drawing than I am... Look, this is one he drew," Fred pointed to a the figure of a girl walking along the corridors of Hogwarts when her turns from Brown to Electric blue. 

" A colour bomb?" Evie asked with a smirk on her face. 

"Yeah, what d'you think?" George enquired, anticipating her response. 

"I think it's brilliant, they look a bit like water balloons! You would need good aim though," she looked up at the boys who were eagerly listening to her opinion. 

The boys both laughed at her statement, "I think you'll find Evelyn, we have very good aim... don't you remember Christmas? I believe it was us who destroyed your side of the snow fortress, was it not?" Fred asserted. 

"Ooo, I don't like it when you call me Evelyn. It makes me feel like I'm in trouble!" she laughed. "I do remember, but dont forget I have pretty good aim too," She beamed a smile at the boys. 

"Is this our little Evie asking if she can join in with the big boys and prank her fellow students?" Fred playfully teased. 

Evie felt a flutter in her stomach, the thought of joining them in their pranks was exciting. She remembered what Remus had said about her father and how she seemed to have his playfulness and talent for mischief. "Well yes... maybe... I don't know," she laughed. "I need to get the first task out of the way first," she admitted. 

"We'll hold you to that E, after the first task it is!" George declared. 

Evie flicked through a few more of the pages which were revealing more pranks the boys had thought of, lots of them included Filch. She let out a small giggle at the sight of him being surrounded by dung bombs. Just then, tiredness seemed to over come her and she let out an almighty yawn. Looking at the clock Evie realised it was getting late, she hadn't seen Ginny enter the common room but right now she was so tired she needed to rest. She decided it was best to leave, she would talk to Ginny another day, if she could.

"Someone's tired," Fred pointed out. 

"Hmm, I think I better head back to Hufflepuff common... Thank you for showing me your pranks book! The drawings really are amazing!" She earnestly. 

Taking the book off her, George handed it to Fred who put it away carefully. "We'll walk you back," George said. 

"Oh that's kind of you but I'll be alright to go by myself," Evie said sweetly. 

"Nonsense, we can't have you wandered the halls by yourself. There's a creature on the loose petrifying students! We'd never forgive ourselves if anything happened to you E," Fred stated. 

Of course, Evie had almost forgotten about the monster on the loose. She agreed politely and made her way back to Hufflepuff common escorted by the two, tall, ginger boys.